Honored Contributor

I am always looking for new ways to fix tuna salad. Think this one is a keeper!

1-7oz can tuna in water, well drained
1/4 cup diced Peppadews
1/8 cup minced red onion

1/4 cup mayo
2 t fresh lemon juice
1-1/4 t Old Bay Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine tuna, Peppadews and red onion in bowl. Mix mayo, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning together and add to tuna mixture.

I get the Peppadews in the olive bar at my market but you can also get them in jars.

I served this between toasted bread with lettuce that I tossed with rice vinegar. I think it would also be good for a tuna melt.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TUNA SALAD WITH PEPPADEWS

Sounds interesting. I have a GF who loves peppadews; I'll have to make this for her

Trusted Contributor

Love peppadews. I think I would just make the tuna and stuff it in the peppadews. That would make good snacks. wish I knew where to buy the peppadews at a decent price. The only place I know of just has a small jar for about $5. I would like a much larger jar.

Respected Contributor

Sounds good to me!

(BTW, I had to look up peppadew. I think I shall have to turn in my official "foodie" card.) {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Denise
Trusted Contributor

On 9/15/2014 debcakes said:

Love peppadews. I think I would just make the tuna and stuff it in the peppadews. That would make good snacks. wish I knew where to buy the peppadews at a decent price. The only place I know of just has a small jar for about $5. I would like a much larger jar.

descakes, does your grocery have an olive bar? It's usually near the deli. That's where they sell peppadews at Kroger and one of our local chains.

Esteemed Contributor

Vamp, thank you! I used to buy them from Trader Joes a few years back. That was the only place that sold them.

So, they are red olives?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Before reading this thread I had never heard of Peppadews but rather than ask, I went to Google and learned all about them.

The things I learn from reading here...

Maria

Contributor

Love it!

Honored Contributor

I checked our olive bar today and sure enough they were there, but they are called Pepperazzis here. They are good, I bought some along with a bunch of decadent other stuff.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Vamp said:
On 9/15/2014 debcakes said:

descakes, does your grocery have an olive bar? It's usually near the deli. That's where they sell peppadews at Kroger and one of our local chains.

No olive bars here. Some stores have salad bars. Maybe they would have them, there. I have an olive bar when I am in AZ and they have them about half the time. We have a huge store that has everything. I don't shop there because it is too big. I do go when looking for something I cannot find anywhere else.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/121427

edited to add link