Honored Contributor

Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters

Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters (Very Easy, One Dish)

Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins

Prep Time: 15 mins

Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins

4 Servings

· 4 skin-on chicken leg quarters, with bone

· 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided

· 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided

· 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided

· 1 teaspoon dill weed, divided

Preheat oven to 375.

Line a large glass baking dish with foil.

Remove excess fat from chicken quarters.

Separate the skin from the chicken, taking care that the skin stays attached at most points on the chicken. (You just want a flap. Do not remove the skin).

Brush the chicken (under the skin) with soy sauce.

Sprinkle some garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed on the chicken under the skin (I estimated the 1 tsp measures. Use as much or as little as you're comfortable with) and rub into the chicken.

Arrange the leg quarters in the pan, skin side up, taking care not to crowd. They need space to cook properly.

Brush both sides of the leg quarters with soy sauce. Sprinkle the skin with garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed (to taste).

Place on middle rack in over and bake uncovered for an hour.

After an hour, increase oven temp to 400 and bake 15 minutes .Chicken is done when internal temp reaches 165 (insert meat thermometer at thickest part of breast, taking care not to touch the bone).

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

I made this tonight exactly as written (except reduced for 2 servings), and it was delicious, Skin crispy (I normally discard the skin), meat was very tender and flavorful. I served it with whole green beans flavored with shallots, bacon crumbles, garlic powder, a bit of butter and salt & pepper, also baked potatoes.

If you decide to make it, I hope you enjoy it.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters

Sounds delicious! I need to try this soon. Can you tell me how you do your green beans? Do you sauté them with the shallots? The combo of shallots and bacon sounds great, just not sure how you put it together. I make green beans all the time and can use some new methods-Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I used green beans that were previously par-boiled and flash frozen so only had to cook for a small amount of time; about 3-4 minutes before they were done I tossed in the chopped shallots and crumbled bacon. HTH

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Just drove past a store that has chicken leg quarters at a great price -- way under a dollar a pound.

Respected Contributor

I make chicken legs and thighs often. My new favorite way is with Asian chile/garlic paste and bake them.

Super Contributor

Made this tonight (without the dill & garlic powder). It was delicious! Thanks for the quick and easy recipe!