Valued Contributor

I usually make a casserole using fish, sour cream, mushrooms and bread crumbs but need a change. Something simple that's good with just a sprinkle of lemon juice.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Baked fish recipe please

I love to bake salmon fillets. I just put them skin side down on a foil-lined pan, spread on a spoonful of olive oil (or a spritz of cooking spray), sprinkle on some dill, and bake them in a 400 degree oven till they are flaky and beginning to brown a little on top. Usually 20 - 25 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are. Serve with fresh lemon or lime wedges for squeezing.

Alternatively, I like to spread a little teriyaki marinade (one of the bottled, prepared varieties, or make your own) over the fillets, spritz with a little cooking spray, and bake as above.

I have salmon fillets thawing in the fridge for dinner tonight! Smile I try to save a little piece of leftover baked salmon for breakfast to crumble and scramble in with eggs and cheese. Delicious!

Trusted Contributor

Baking time will depend on the fish/thickness that you use. I do this with flounder, haddock, cod or salmon fillet : sprinkle some lemon juice on top, spread a thin layer of light mayo (I use Hellmans) on top then cover with Seasoned Panko Bread crumbs. 4C has a Chipotle Panko that is good if you like it spicy. Simple, fast and tasty.

Cindy

Valued Contributor

I usually used talapia, but you could use any white fish I'm sure. I marinade it in fresh lemon juice for maybe an hour. Put some olive oil in bottom of dish. Put some olive oil on fish, dredge in flour, put in dish. Sprinkle olive oil on top. Bake at around 400 for 40 mins.

Super Contributor

I love fish, but my kids only like thinner white fish fillets(like talapia). What we usually do is spray a 9x13, lay the fish in (4 small ones), drizzle with melted butter and lemon juice and then sprinkle with lemon pepper (I use quite a bit, we love it). Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes for thin fillets. You want enough butter and lemon so the fish doesn't dry out in the pan. We end up with some buttery liquid in the pan that is great spooned over the fish. Easy, quick and lite!

Super Contributor

Years ago, when I lived in MI., we always had fresh fish. (Sure do miss that) there was a very simple recipe for baked fish that was very popular. I'm sorry, I don't remember it exactly but, I would take thin fish fillets, put in a shallow dish, cover with Italian salad dressing and bake for about 30 minutes. Then sprinkle with crushed potato chips. I would also use cracker crumbs. Probably not very healthy, but it was easy and good.
Honored Contributor

I've used this one for years, mostly for orange roughy, but you can use haddock or cod too.

1 c. skim or low fat milk

1 tsp. salt

1- 1/4 lbs. orange roughy filets

2/3 c. dried bread crumbs

1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 tsp. ground thyme

Vegetable oil cooking spray (I use PAM)

Heat the oven to 450 degrees.

Combine the milk and salt in a shallow bowl or pan and coat the filets well.

In a second shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and thyme. Remove the filets one at a time from the milk and dip them into the crumb mixture, coating them thoroughly.

Place them onto a baking pan and spray one side of each filet with the PAM. Turn over and repeat on the other side.

Place the pan in the middle of the hot oven and bake about 12 minutes, or until they are just baked through.

Respected Contributor

This is not a casserole or anything fancy. We like haddock or any white fish. Put some olive on the bottom of a cookie sheet, lay down fillets, drizzle with lemon, melted butter and top with panko crumbs. Simple, good and easy.

Respected Contributor

This is an old favorite intended for thick meaty white fish such as snapper or grouper. Season fish with salt and pepper. Slice a lemon into thin slices and arrange on fish. Open a can of chopped tomatoes-any variety will do. It could be Italian, or with green chilies-anything you want. Of course, feel free to add onion and fresh garlic. Bake at 350 until fish is flaky: my rule of thumb is about 10minutes per inch. Enjoy! Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

I am interested in the answers. I cook fish all the time but have a problem when baking fish with overcooking and there is nothing worse! I stick with the sauté pan.