Honored Contributor

Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 -48 oz jar great northern beans
  • 3 cups shredded chicken
  • 1 cup medium salsa
  • 8 oz pepper jake cheese cubed
  • 2 t cumin
  • 1 – 14 oz can chicken broth (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cube 8 oz of pepper jack cheese.
  2. In a small (3.5 qt crock pot here) dump one 48 oz jar great northern beans (un-drained), 8 oz of salsa, 3 cups of shredded chicken, 2 t cumin and 8 oz of pepper jack cheese (cubed).
  3. Add a 14 oz can of chicken broth if you want a normal thick chili. Leave it out for extra thick. Stir very well.
  4. Cook on low for 4 hours. Try to stir once or twice in the middle if you can to distribute the cheese but it can wait until the end if needed.

http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/ultra-simple-crock-pot-white-chicken/

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

I made this today and it is super easy and delish.

I used boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts and poached them in bottled water for 20 minutes. After they cooled a bit, I chopped them up into small cubes and seasoned it with a bit of salt.

I saved the poaching liquid in case I wanted to use it in place of the broth, but I ended up not needing it.

It makes 7.5 cups of chili. Freezes fine. I used Amy's Organic Mild Salsa and Cabot 50% Pepper Jack cheese. When I use low fat cheese, I always use a slow cooker bag because low fat cheese is a beast to clean up.

My version came to 266 Cal per cup.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I'll be making this!! Thanks!

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

My husband makes this exact recipe, only he uses frozen fajita chicken strips and chops them up, adds 1/2 an onion chopped and 2 cans chicken broth. It is SO delicious!! The fajita chicken makes it extra spicy. Oh and a whole jar of thick and chunky Chi-Chi's salsa. (No cumin also) He wins the chili cook-off at work every time with this. :-)
Trusted Contributor

We've been making this recipe for at least 15 years. It's always a hit and couldn't be easier. I highly recommend it!

Trusted Contributor

Delicious. I have also made this with the green tomatillo salsa.

Contributor

On 9/14/2014 debcakes said:

Delicious. I have also made this with the green tomatillo salsa.

Thanks for the tip. I have some leftover tomatillos. I will try this recipe tonight.

Honored Contributor

Someone posted in his comments section that they used green tomatillo sauce in it. I will try that next time.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I made this almost exactly as the OP's recipe----I used a little more salsa ( Kirkland medium from Costco that we love) and no broth. It was plenty soupy and DIVINE!!!!! I loved my old chicken chili, but LOVE THIS MORE. Can't remember having a tastier dish that was so INCREDIBLY EASY! Thanks again.

KK

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing! Can't get easier than this!