Valued Contributor

/></span><br/> <span style=Oat & Pecan Blueberry Crisp
(recipe source: Pinch Of Yum)

We just bought an oodle of blueberries. (Is that even a word? lol) I came across this recipe and it just screamed at me to make it. I'm glad I listened because it's truly beyond words!

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pecan halves (about 3/4 cup chopped)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened, preferably!)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons light olive oil or coconut oil
1/3 cup real maple syrup or raw honey
4 cups blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop the pecans. Combine the oats, pecans, almond meal, coconut, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the olive oil or coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until well mixed. GOOD LUCK NOT EATING THE WHOLE THING RIGHT HERE AND NOW.

Grease a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9) and arrange the blueberries in the bottom. Top with the oat mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and has firmed up slightly. If you want, you can top with additional flaked coconut and return to the oven for another 5 minutes just for some decorative toasted coconut on top.

Note: For the little drizzle on top, I creamed 4 ounces low fat cream cheese with 1/4 cup light coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoons raw honey. That will give about 1 cup of coconut "sauce", which is more than you'll need for the crisp, so you could either halve the ingredients to make less or just keep the leftovers in the fridge as a fruit dip, like I do! Num. Or just use ice cream, too!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oat & Pecan Blueberry Crisp

Wow, this looks terrific! It's going on the list. Thanks, Lola.

Valued Contributor

Re: Oat & Pecan Blueberry Crisp

Hi SammiJo.... You're very welcome. Enjoy!