Occasional Contributor

Laura Weathers Kitchen Aid recipes

I seem to be having difficulty finding the link to Laura Weathers on Pinterest......KitchenAidLady0nQVC.....looking for several of her recipes from the shows and especially the one for jello frosting. Thanks for helping me out.

Not applicable

Re: Laura Weathers Kitchen Aid recipes

Looking for that too...in the 11 o'clock hour she mentioned adding sugar and vanilla...but that was the only time I heard that...
Honored Contributor

Someone posted it on another thread .In a metal bowl of a stand mixer put a 3oz pkg of any flavor jello, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 egg white..........turn mixer to high and immediately add 1/2 cup boiling water. Let mixer run until desired consistency (about 7 minutes). ........no plastic bowls and hand mixer doesn't have enough power.
Honored Contributor

I want to find her recipe for meatloaf muffins but have no luck.
Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 dex said: I want to find her recipe for meatloaf muffins but have no luck.

This is on her Pinterest page under the Feb recipes. You can click on the KitchenAid Lady at the top left to take you back to the homepage which has other recipes for Dec & Jan & a lot more.

Meatloaf

• 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup ketchup, divided
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 large eggs
  • Cooking spray

Mashed Potatoes

• 4 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato (about 2 pounds)
  • 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
  • 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Garnish

• 3 tablespoons chopped chives
  • 4 pieces of bacon cooked and chopped

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.

While the meatloaf is cooking, make the mashed potatoes. Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Put potatoes into a ricer for best results. Return potato to pan. Add milk and remaining ingredients; stir with a spoon to desired consistency. If they are not creamy enough for you, add up to 1/4 cup more milk – although they need to be stiff enough to pipe on top.

Put the potatoes into a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles and chopped chives

https://www.pinterest.com/laura3685/tsv-2015-february-stand-mixer/

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 homedecor1 said: Someone posted it on another thread .In a metal bowl of a stand mixer put a 3oz pkg of any flavor jello, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 egg white..........turn mixer to high and immediately add 1/2 cup boiling water. Let mixer run until desired consistency (about 7 minutes). ........no plastic bowls and hand mixer doesn't have enough power.

Just thought I would let you know the recipe on her Pinterest page says Not Sugar Free on the jello also the amount for vanilla is different.

Smile

Jello Frosting

1 - 3 oz package Jello any flavor (NOT sugar free)

2/3 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg white

Put all these ingredients in a stand mixer with whip attachment then turn it on high adding 1/2 cup of BOILING water. Mix 5-7 minutes and enjoy! This is great on a cupcake, graham cracker and even tastes like it would go on top of regular jello.

Honored Contributor

The frosting made with the jello looks so good. Has anyone made it? Does it taste overly sweet?

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much night owls sorry it took me so long to get back.
Occasional Contributor

I have been looking for Laura's recipe for Apple Pie Cake. Anyone know where to find it?