1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup sour cream

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

1 cup walnuts...chopped

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Sift together, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and 1 cup of sugar together til fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well, Blend in sour cream alternately with dry ingredients. Spread half the batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan. Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle half the mixture over the first layer of batter. Repeat layers. It helps if you cut the topping mixture into the batter with a knife. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes. Cut into squares. This can be served warm or cold. This is wonderful served in the morning with coffee or tea!

Respected Contributor

LilBit, this is my kind of cake, good coffee cake that doesn't require frosting, sounds good, thanks

question, I never have cake flour on hand, can I sub regular flour for this, thanks

Contributor
On 9/9/2014 doglover3 said:

LilBit, this is my kind of cake, good coffee cake that doesn't require frosting, sounds good, thanks

question, I never have cake flour on hand, can I sub regular flour for this, thanks

Agree, sounds like my type of cake too. I prefer gluten free flour though. So I will try it with some coconut/almond flour. Hopefully it comes out alrightSmiley Wink

Super Contributor

How did I miss this? Sounds great LilBit! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I'm not a lover of frosting, so this is right up my alley!! Thanks....

Honored Contributor
Remember the old Sock It To Me Cake? That's what this sounds like except it was made in a Bundt pan.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment