Honored Contributor

This recipe was also in the latest Taste of Home magazine. I have not tried it yet but sounds good and simple! It is from Dolores B. in Wisconsin so if you are part of the boards here...thanks for the recipe. I make my own meatballs and will used those too but in a pinch store bought would make this quicker.

Easy Stuffed Shells

36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells

1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce

36 frozen full cooked Italian meatballs, thawed

2 cups (8oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cook shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9" baking dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and the cheese. Bake, covered, 35minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

Esteemed Contributor

One meatball for each shell?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
Yes, one.....the Jumbo shells surprised me...not as Jumbo as you think.
Valued Contributor

walker, you are the Queen! This sound so easy and good. Thank you!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Super Contributor
My GS who loves meatballs would enjoy this......I will have to try it out soon.....thanks for the great recipe !
Valued Contributor

EXCELLENT ,EASY .FAST ,AND I BET DELICIOUS!gonna try this . I have rheumatoid arthritis and this will mke things easy for me!

thanks !!

Honored Contributor

I make stuffed shells a lot when we have company. I fill a ziplock with my meat mixture and cut off a corner then squeeze the filling into the cooked shells.

Super Contributor

This sounds good but I'm surprised there's no ricotta cheese mixture...

Honored Contributor
Cookie....thanks....Queen likes things to be easy...ha! MOM of Mason....This recipe made me think of my Grandkids too. Twinkies....I'm with you...easier the better! Happy Housewife....I like your tip for filling shells too. And, dionline....I think you could add a scoop of ricotta to each...another good thought. Thanks everyone!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Walker!

Love this recipe, very clever!!, definitely going to make it

Now you give me other ideas...how about rolling a meatball or sausage (cooked or raw) in lasagna noodles...might have to cut the sausage in half

ANY OTHER IDEAS ANYONE????

Edited to add: I just found lasagna noodles in my pantry & meatballs/sausage in my freezer...that will be dinner tonight, thank you!