Super Contributor

What do you prepare in the Ninja 3 in 1 cooker?

Any good ideas for this cooker?

Contributor

Re: What do you prepare in the Ninja 3 in 1 cooker?

I have used the recipes in the book with success. I frequently make the apricot and country mustard salmon, the beef stew, the hot and sour shrimp sauté, the shrimp and broccoli sauté, the spaghetti and meatballs-they are all delicious. I have also made a pot roast and lasagna. But-you have to make sure to plug up the vent hole in the lid-I use a twisted piece of paper towel. I found out early on that if you don't, the liquid cooks away and dries everything out. I have read of others who do the same thing, for the same reason. Happy experimenting!

Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a cook, so I shouldn't even be responding to this! However, when I do cook, this is the equipment I use. Can't remember when I last turned on my stove. I can do most everything in this 3 in 1 cooker and cleanup is so easy.

Contributor

Don't forget that you can also make desserts in the ninja also. In addition to all types of bbq (they fall right off the bone!) I also use it to make delicious brownies also. I don't have an oven so this helps to do some of the things that would do as well. The Korean Chicken Wings that are in the big recipe book are also delicious

Respected Contributor

I'm interested in the replies to this question also, but I wanted to know if there's a cookbook for the 3 in 1 Ninja...

Thanks, KatieB

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 KatieB said:

I'm interested in the replies to this question also, but I wanted to know if there's a cookbook for the 3 in 1 Ninja...

Thanks, KatieB

My unit came with a great cookbook that contains over 150 recipes, as well as a smaller booklet containing several recipes.

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Krimpette said:
On 8/28/2014 KatieB said:

Thanks, KatieB

My unit came with a great cookbook that contains over 150 recipes, as well as a smaller booklet containing several recipes.

I made the Impossible French Apple Pie yesterday--I goofed up and used all of the mix on the second step but it turned out all right anyway.

I love the Ninja cooking system (especially for hot summertime) . A steam roasted chicken is the best ever. I have cooked cake mixes, banana bread , cheesy potatoes. I made the upside down mac and cheese but it seemed like a lot of trouble .

It is my favorite appliance to keep from using the oven along with the George Forman grill that bakes (sorta kinda) , the big boss (similar to NU Wave oven) , and an electric pressure cooker.