Trusted Contributor

Recipe for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup????

Hi,Everyone. My friend was at a restaurant the other night and they had stuffed green pepper soup. She said it was delicious. I told her it was probably soup made from leftover stuffed green peppers.

Has anyone ever made this soup? Would you be willing to share the recipe if you have made it and like it?

TIA.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Recipe for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup????

Wismiss ...I just happened to post a stuffed pepper soup recipe on another thread a few minutes ago. The thread is the one about Par Boiling Peppers before making stuffed peppers. The soup is made in a crockpot and it is delicious.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Regular Contributor

I use red peppers which are sweeter--delicious!

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

Wismiss ...I just happened to post a stuffed pepper soup recipe on another thread a few minutes ago. The thread is the one about Par Boiling Peppers before making stuffed peppers. The soup is made in a crockpot and it is delicious.

Yes, and thank you!! I just copied that recipe as I am a soup fanatic! It sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it!

I never owned a crock pot my whole life. Finally bought one about 3 yrs ago and I love it!

But I am mad that they THEN came out w/ the Ninja one where I could brown the beef in this recipe (or other recipes) and then switch to slow cook in the same machine! Would have saved me a dirty pan! LOL Can't justify another purchase....but if my DH would just break it like he does everything else...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I'm with you dubll....I use red peppers (or yellow and orange) for everything. The red are sweeter!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/26/2014 RespectLife said:

Yes, and thank you!! I just copied that recipe as I am a soup fanatic! It sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it!

I never owned a crock pot my whole life. Finally bought one about 3 yrs ago and I love it!

But I am mad that they THEN came out w/ the Ninja one where I could brown the beef in this recipe (or other recipes) and then switch to slow cook in the same machine! Would have saved me a dirty pan! LOL Can't justify another purchase....but if my DH would just break it like he does everything else...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I'm with you dubll....I use red peppers (or yellow and orange) for everything. The red are sweeter!

Soup lover here also... and would not part with my crock pots as well!!! I plan to incorporate some of the ingredients FunkyHulaGirl listed in her Big Mike's Greek Roasted Stuffed Peppers recipe thread (ground lamb, zucchini and spinach) to make a heartier Stuffed Pepper Soup. I can eat soup in any weather but I am especially appreciative of the cooler weather we have been enjoying. Thanks to the posters who brought up this topic.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/26/2014 RespectLife said:

Soup lover here also... and would not part with my crock pots as well!!! I plan to incorporate some of the ingredients FunkyHulaGirl listed in her Big Mike's Greek Roasted Stuffed Peppers recipe thread (ground lamb, zucchini and spinach) to make a heartier Stuffed Pepper Soup. I can eat soup in any weather but I am especially appreciative of the cooler weather we have been enjoying. Thanks to the posters who brought up this topic. Sorry, double post.
Trusted Contributor

Anika: Thank you for the soup recipe. It sounds delicious. I made out my shopping list and included the ingredients for the soup that I don't have. I'm anxious to try it.

I never thought of using red bell papers rather than green or mixing them. What a fabulous idea. I love to eat red peppers just by themselves. Do they have as much iron as the green peppers?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

I love stuffed peppers, and I'm betting the soup version will be delicious also. I'm so glad crisp, cool fall weather will soon be here and time for hot, hearty crockpot soups, stews, potroasts and such. Love that kind of cooking!

Honored Contributor

I copied the recipe below from this QVC forum back in March, 2014. I have made it many times and it's really good. Enjoy!

Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup

Yield: 8-10 servings

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped small
4 large bell peppers, I used 2 red, a yellow and a green
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
32 ounces beef stock
16 ounces tomato sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups warm cooked rice

Cook and crumble the ground beef in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. Season the meat with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper while it is cooking. Add the onions to the skillet when it is almost browned. When the onions are tender, transfer the mixture to the Crock-Pot and add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the rice. Set the temperature to HIGH (for 3-4 hours) or to LOW (for 8+ hours). *

When the peppers are tender, place a scoop of rice into each bowl and then ladle soup over it. Stir to combine. Enjoy!

* STOVE-TOP DIRECTIONS: If you prefer to make this on the stove, simply cook the meat and onion in a large pot. Once it has cooked, add all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT the rice) to the pot and simmer on low until the peppers are tender. This should take about an hour.

Be bold enough to use your voice, brave enough to listen to you heart, and strong enough to live the life you've always imagined.

This recipe was posted by Lola.

Honored Contributor

I better look this up, my husband would love this!