Honored Contributor

This a really old recipe of mine - can't remember where it came from but if you like capers and mushrooms you may want to try it.

2 cups (6 oz) finely chopped mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T capers, drained
1 t balsamic vinegar
1/4 t hot sauce
2 T mayonnaise
parsley sprigs

In nonstick skillet stir mushrooms, garlic and onions over med-high heat until mushrooms begin to brown (8-10 minutes).

Meanwhile place breasts in 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake uncovered in 375 oven for 10 minutes.

When the mushroom mixture is done remove from heat. Stir in the mustard, capers, vinegar, hot sauce and mayo. Spread the mixture over the chicken and continue baking until chicken is no longer pink in center (15 to 20 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to plates and garnish with parsley sprigs.

Serves 4

Esteemed Contributor

I was afraid to read this because of the title. I like it! I also have some Duke's mayo to use up!

Thank you!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the recipe; it sound great! I think I'll have to think up a different name for it, though.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} How about "Zippy Dijon Chicken" or "Mediterranean Mushroom Chicken" or something like that? Anyhow, I'm definitely going to try your recipe.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

Ha, I was thinking the same as Honny! Bumpy Chicken...what??? But DiAnne was the poster, so it must be something good! Love capers, sounds great!

Valued Contributor

I bought some Baby Bellas the other day and was just looking at them in the fridge. Now I know what to do with them. This looks quite tasty! Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Thanks

Super Contributor

I am going to make this. Sounds good. Thanks DiAnne.

Super Contributor

This sounds so good, DiAnne. Add me to the list who are going to try it! Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I DO love capers AND mushrooms! Thanks, DiAnne...I just know I am going to love this!

That's funny Divine...I'm picking "Mediterranean Mushroom Chicken"

Honored Contributor

Hope anyone who tries it enjoys. About the name - one of my children called it that - I do not remember the original name!