Esteemed Contributor
This looks good to me! This cookbook is making me hungry!..................... Graham Pudding Dessert................Box of Graham crackers.................vanilla pudding, chocolate pudding, pistachio pudding, ( not specified in recipe for instant or cooked or size, I would use instant and the small box?)...................cool whip............Line a 13x9 pan with graham crackers, prepare puddings and spread the vanilla on first graham layer then layer more graham crackers spread the chocolate pudding then another layer and the pistachio pudding, end with crackers. Spread cool whip on top and chill for a few hours.
Respected Contributor

This sounds good and so easy. Maybe I try it for dessert over Labor Day Weekend.

Respected Contributor

Do the graham crackers soften while in the refrigerator?

Esteemed Contributor
Ladybug I never made this, bought all the stuff to make for Labor Day so I can let you know. I think if you eat it right away and it don't sit to long it shouldn't be to soggy?
Honored Contributor

I have done this also but used my favorite chocolate pudding and butterscotch pudding with nilla wafers at times when I needed to take it easy on calories and other times used toll house cookies. I will try with graham crackers now I never thought about using them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm making this over the weekend using chocolate instant pudding. My cookbook calls it an éclair dessert.

Respected Contributor
I copied these from these boards awhile back so maybe you can see which to use, instant or regular pudding etc.

Eclair Cake michlady1

2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
3 cups whole milk
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
1 box of graham crackers
1 can of ready-made milk chocolate frosting

Whisk pudding and milk together until it's thick and creamy.

Gently fold in the Cool Whip.

In a 13x9 inch dish, place a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom. Layer with half of the pudding mixture, then a second layer of graham crackers. Follow with the rest of the pudding and finally a 3rd layer of graham crackers. Remove the foil from the can of ready-made frosting and microwave for 45 seconds until it turns liquidy. Stir well and pour it over the top layer of graham crackers. Spread frosting evenly.

Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving (it's still good even if you can't wait that long!)

You can make it less fattening if you use sugar-free pudding and skim milk, and fat free Cool Whip.

Here's the Easy Eclair Dessert recipe. Everyone loves it! Gloria

Easy Eclair Dessert

2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding (I use French Vanilla)
3 cups whole milk
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
1 box of graham crackers
1 can of chocolate frosting (I use Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge)

Whisk pudding and milk together until it's thick (about 2 min.)

Gently fold in the Cool Whip.

Place a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom of
a 9" x 13" dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture, then a second layer of graham crackers. Spread the rest of the pudding and top with another layer of graham crackers. Remove the foil from the can of frosting and microwave for 1 min. Pour the liquid frosting evenly over the top layer of graham crackers (it should spread easily on it's own over the graham crackers).

Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight (leftovers taste even better, the longer it sits!)

I have to add that the French Vanilla Pudding and the Chocolate Fudge frosting really make it taste just like an éclair!

Trusted Contributor

doglover, I have made the Eclair Cake and it is so easy and soooo good! The best part is you make it the day before serving, so it's one less thing to do when company comes.

I have never made it will pre-made frosting, which does not really appeal to me. I also make it with real whipped cream.

For those of you who would rather make your own chocolate topping, it is very easy to do on the stove top.

The topping ingredients:

1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter (or margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring cocoa, milk, and sugar to a full rolling boil; boil about 1 minute, stirring very frequently. Remove from heat and cool one minute. Add butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted. Pour over top layer of graham crackers and refrigerate overnight.

Image & recipe from www.mykitchenismyplayground.com

No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert, best if made a day ahead of serving

Respected Contributor

These look wonderful for company.

Thanks for posting the recipes, and photo's.

Super Contributor
Looks decadent!