Valued Contributor

Easy chicken and dumplings using your slow cooker

I found this recipe quite a while back and i love it !!

Chicken and Dumplings. this is using your slow cooker!!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings image

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (or 6 skinless chicken thighs)
1 Onion, finely diced
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 small packages Grands Jr biscuits (10 biscuits)
flour

Directions
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a greased slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

2. Secure lid and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, roll each torn biscuit piece in flour (to prevent them from sticking together), then drop into the slow cooker. Replace lid and cook remaining 30 minutes.

Super Contributor

Re: Easy chicken and dumplings using your slow cooker

Looks good and seems easy for me to fix and put in the crockpot before work. I enjoy coming home to the smell of supper ready.......thanks for the recipe, I will try it soon.....
Valued Contributor

Your so welcome, let me know how you like it!!

Honored Contributor

this looks simple and good. I just wanted to add - when I use cream of chicken soup there are always those little pieces of mystery meat in there so I strain the soup as I add it to the recipe to get those out.

I would add a vegetable to the pot at the start like carrots or green beans so I don't have to make them separately. I always like to have a hot and a cold veggie - like green beans and a salad.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks delicious and so easy, I will make it this week!!!! Thank you!!!

Regular Contributor

Looks very good!! I will definitely be making this... But, I don't care for biscuits as dumplings.. I will use Bisquick instead.. Thanks for posting this..

Honored Contributor

Would crescent rolls work? I have some I need to use up, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

i would add a bunch of vegetables and maybe some other seasonings to this and make it into a crockpot chicken pot pie!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I saw this recipe on FB a week or so ago and after some talk here on another thread, thought I would try it. I didn't have the "Jr" biscuits but did have some of the regular ones. IMO, this recipe is in great need of some seasonings. It was kinda bland and the recipe doesn't say how small the biscuits needed to be so I cut each biscuit into fourths..they were too big and took longer to be ready (but that's my fault). Next time(if I decide to try again) I will make the dough balls a lot smaller & add poultry seasoning and/or sage.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Brit. I need this uncomplicated recipe because it seems I'm spending half my life at the Oregon Clinic. Geesh.

Thanks, again!

SE PDX!