Contributor
I want to make a pound cake shape with a Duncan Hines cake mix. Any one know if this would fit in one loaf pan or should I plan on using more? Thx
Respected Contributor

I would say "yes" based on my bread machine pan. I have never made a box mix in my machine, but the manual says you can. That being said the pan accommodates a three pound loaf.

If you have a little too much batter, I saw a phenomenal idea. Make pancakes with the leftover batter-and there are no additional ingredients. Put on your favorite topping-and since it's summer, whipped cream and fresh fruit would be fantastic.

Poodlepet

Respected Contributor

I'd go with two 8 X 4 loaf pans. Also, keep an eye on baking time - start checking the cakes after 30 minutes.

Contributor
Thx so much!!!!
Super Contributor

Hi aga1959,

It would depend on what size loaf pan you are using and if you are making any changes to the cake mix. I have a recipe from Duncan Hines that will make two 9" x 5" loafs.

1 package (18.25 ounce) Cake Mix

1 (3.4 oz.) package instant pudding and pie filling

4 large eggs

1 cup water

? cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and Flour 2 9" x 5" Loaf pans

Combine all ingredients, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Carefully loosen cakes from pan, invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely, cut into slices and enjoy.

If you were just following the regular directions on the package and making a loaf cake, I would not fill it anymore than 1/2 or just over half full and any leftover batter could turn into cupcakes or mini loaves.

Hope this helps.

tkins

Contributor
I used the recipe snd came out great! Gonna make a plain glaze today for it. Thx for all of your help~~