Super Contributor

Looking for a recipe read about in a book(no recipe for it) pepporoni macaroni and cheese casserole.

Read about this dish in a book( maid was serving it) and it sounded so good, wondering if anyone has a recipe for it or it might of been fictional like the book!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for a recipe read about in a book(no recipe for it) pepporoni macaroni and cheese casserole.

Just add pepperoni to your mac and cheese,they make tiny pepperoni now too.

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a recipe read about in a book(no recipe for it) pepporoni macaroni and cheese casserole.

Not the same, but I really like frying some of the Hillshire Farms Lil' Links and adding those to the mac and cheese. I like the ones with a little cheese in the links. Ahhh health food for me again. I do it very seldomly, but it IS quite tasty.

Respected Contributor

Here are various recipes for pepperoni mac and cheese........enjoy!:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/pepperoni-macaroni-and-cheese-lasagna-style-rec...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepperoni Macaroni

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
MAKES: 8 servings

Ingredients

• 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
  • 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and milk. Stir in sausage mixture, macaroni, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives.
  3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.Yield: 8 servings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepperoni Pizza Mac Cheese 3 text Ingredients

• 1 pound box small dry pasta
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
  • 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 cups halved pepperoni slices
  • 15 ounce can black olives, drained (optional)
  • 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 3 cups milk (I used skim)
  • 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (I used skim)
  • 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
  3. Heat oil in large 5 quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pepperoni and olives. In a separate large dutch oven or pot melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt pepper and garlic salt until thick. Slowly whisk in milk. Increase heat to medium high stirring until nice and thick. Once sauce is thickened, reduce heat to low. Stir in 3 cups of cheese then stir in cooked pasta and pepperoni mixture. Add splashes of milk to thin out cheese sauce to your liking. I added about 1/2 cup. Transfer half of the mac and cheese to prepared baking dish and top with remaining marinara sauce. Top with remaining mac and cheese then remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.

Makes 8-10 Servings

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pizza Mac and Cheese

• Prep Time 30 min
  • Total Time 1 hr 5 min
  • Servings 12
Ingredients
3 1/2
cups uncooked elbow macaroni (16 oz)
lb bulk mild or spicy pork sausage
large green bell pepper, chopped
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/3
cup butter or margarine
1/3
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon salt
1 1/2
teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
cups milk
3/4
cup water
cups shredded white Cheddar cheese (16 oz)
1 1/2
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
1/2
cup grated Parmesan cheese
slices pepperoni (from 3-oz package)
Small fresh basil leaves, if desired
Directions
  • 1 Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. In same skillet, cook bell pepper and onion 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  • 2 In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper flakes. Cook and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and water, stirring constantly until thickened. Gradually add Cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Add macaroni, sausage and onion mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with Parmesan cheese, pepperoni and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper flakes. Bake 2 to 4 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Garnish with basil.
Respected Contributor

I do not like macaroni and cheese,but those pizza ones sound like something I might like to make for my nieces and nephew.

Super Contributor

Thanks for recipes, I had thought I'd just make mac& cheese and pepperoni, but thought there might be something better out there. In this fictional book the woman was known in the community for her famous casserole. Just reading it made me crave it! lol

Respected Contributor

Hi proofer,

You are most welcome, and I can attest to each of these 3 recipes, as I make at least one of them when entertaining and they are always a hit.

Enjoy all the recipes.

Esteemed Contributor

OR, you could just make regular Kraft mac n' cheese and then sprinkle shredded cheese and pepperoni over it, loosely throw a sheet of foil over it and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pepperoni looks done......Wink