Super Contributor

Lemon Ricotta cookie recipe ITKWD/Carolyn Wed. 7/23/14

Carolyn showed F/B page tonight,Foodies recipes and pictures of the week, there was a recipe for Lemon Ricotta Cookies.

I don't recall name posted,it was her Mom's recipe.

Can anyone share the recipe if you find it, sorry I am not on F/B.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lemon Ricotta cookie recipe ITKWD/Carolyn Wed. 7/23/14

Here is the recipe that I use and they are really good. I got the recipe a few years ago from Giada on the Food Network. I hope this helps you.

Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Prep Time:

15 min

Inactive Prep Time:

2 hr 20 min

Cook Time:

15 min

Level:

Easy

Serves:

44 cookies

Ingredients

Cookies:

Glaze:

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cookies:

In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.

Glaze:

Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours. Pack the cookies into a decorative container.

Super Contributor

Thank you, luvsbulldogs, so much, I bookmarked this page, that will do fine. like it for Holiday/Easter, I used to have a similar recipe without Ricotta.I will try this. Have a good day and Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I make almost the exact same recipe with cream cheese instead of ricotta every Christmas. I make a batch with lemon and a batch with sambucca, an Italian liqueur, inside the cookies and in the icing. They are so delicious, everyone asks me to make them more than once a year!
Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I make almost the exact same recipe with cream cheese instead of ricotta every Christmas. I make a batch with lemon and a batch with sambucca, an Italian liqueur, inside the cookies and in the icing. They are so delicious, everyone asks me to make them more than once a year!

Those sounds absolutely fantastic! I like the cream cheese instead of ricotta.

Would you mind sharing the recipe?

I'm not too good just subbing ingredients on my own and would really appreciate a recipe to follow. My grandfather loved Sambucca!

TIA!!!

Trusted Contributor

Does this make a soft cake-like cookie? Or is it a crispy cookie? Sounds good, either way.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 gonnab said:

Does this make a soft cake-like cookie? Or is it a crispy cookie? Sounds good, either way.

My recipe makes a soft cake - like cookie. According to Giada it also is a lower calorie cookie but am not really sure. You might want to check. Not a dense cookie but rather a light cookie.

Trusted Contributor

They are a soft cake like cookie. I will look for the recipe with the cream cheese and sambucca. And I will post it hopefully this weekend. I had hurricane damage and with the contractors being here and moving everything, I've been going crazy trying to find things. I will look for my recipe book and get you that recipe. They are soooo good. Lol
Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 luvtoshopathome said: They are a soft cake like cookie. I will look for the recipe with the cream cheese and sambucca. And I will post it hopefully this weekend. I had hurricane damage and with the contractors being here and moving everything, I've been going crazy trying to find things. I will look for my recipe book and get you that recipe. They are soooo good. Lol

Thank you so much! That would be so kind of you! No rush...I have company coming Labor Day weekend and this cookie seems like it would be delicious w/ coffee/tea!

Thank you again!!