Esteemed Contributor

I bought a 5 pound bag of garlic cloves last week. I'm roasting some tonight to make a pasta dish.

What are some of your fave dishes using roasted garlic?

The pasta dish is whole wheat rigatoni, sliced chicken sausage, strips of peppers and onions, roasted garlic and pesto.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Give me a loaf of warm bread with olive oil and roasted garlic and I'm a happy camper.

I also like it with smashed potatoes. I like it with steamed broccoli, with a mixture of bread crumbs, cheese, parsley mixed and put in a tomato and broiled, stuffed artichokes. I could go on and on. Just use your imagination and the possibilities are endless.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the steamed broccoli, thanks!

Honored Contributor

I don't make roasted garlic on its own, I just add it whenever I roast any vegetables. I put garlic in almost anything, including pasta water, but I just smash raw garlic for that.

Regular Contributor

My favorite is angel hair pasta with roasted garlic and (fresh) spinach sauteed in olive oil. Quick, easy and so darn yummy! I also add crushed red pepper to mine but the family isn't as "heat" heavy as I am so I leave theirs alone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chynna, I roast veggies a lot. I mixed a splash of balsamic and even my stepsons ate them. Garlic is a must. I never added smashed garlic to pasta water. Thanks for that idea!

@mandy, I love that recipe! DH doesn't like heat like I do. Tapatio is spicy to him.

Regular Contributor

@HonnyBrown-my husband is the same way! He'll try a dab of Frank's on occasion...

Super Contributor
Roasted garlic jam?
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I don't make roasted garlic on its own, I just add it whenever I roast any vegetables. I put garlic in almost anything, including pasta water, but I just smash raw garlic for that.

Lovely!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Fresh green beans and new potatoes cooked in chicken broth with several whole cloves thrown in and a sprinkle of celery salt.

Give me a fresh sliced tomato on the side and that's all I need.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines