Trusted Contributor

PotLuck

1 pound ground beef

3/4 onion...minced

2 cans tomato sauce

1 can kidney beans

1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (or to your taste)

3/4 teaspoon salt...(or to your taste)

1 1/4 cup UNCOOKED macaroni

1 cup cheddar cheese...cut into cubes

Brown ground beef. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce ans seasonings. Cook for a few minutes longer. Add beans and UNCOOKED macaroni. Put in a large baking dish. Stir in cheese and bake at 375* for 1 hour.

Regular Contributor

This looks like a great quick easy throw together recipe that will taste yummy! Because you're using uncooked macaroni, should it be covered with foil when baking it? Thanks for posting this!! AnneMary

Honored Contributor

I like this recipe. Thank you. How would you convert it to a slow cooker recipe?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We often had a version of this recipe when I was young, with a can of corn substituted for the kidney beans. I'm trying to keep my food costs down so I like making casseroles because the leftovers work for lunch the next day.

Trusted Contributor

AnnMary..hiii good to see you! Actually I have never covered it with foil..Guess that could be an option though! Smiley Happy

house_cat..hi my friend. Good to see you! I have never tried making it in a slow cooker. Not sure how it would turn out.

AuntG. Hi there! Making it with corn sounds good. Like you I like making meals that will ""stretch""! I like the left overs even better.