Valued Contributor

if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

I was just wondering if your out to dinner and your 50 dollar meal per person or what ever you pay is to cold or not cooked enough or its just plain disgusting!! or your order in pizza is not right, over cooked??

Do you send it back?? Do you call the pizza place to bring another one??

Britt

Honored Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

I always eat it as delivered. I'm not very picky when it comes to food.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

It would have to be pretty bad for me to send it back. I'm not much of a foodie. If someone else cooks it, shops for it, delivers it, I'll eat it!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Regular Contributor

Yes.

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely! Why wouldn't you? If I'm paying that much money for a meal per person, I have the expectation that I'm getting my money's worth. It may have absolutely nothing to do with the service but everything to do with food quality. I might even have a chat with the manager if necessary.
Valued Contributor

Never. I always think the cook/chef is not going to be happy, and it's not worth it to me. Typically, I only order seafood when I go out-never steak, so it's hard not to cook it correctly...

Honored Contributor

It depends on precisely what's wrong with it and with my frame of mind at the time. Generally, in a restaurant if something is badly cooked or otherwise ill-prepared, I'll ask them to replace it or remove it. If I just get the sense that the food at any given place isn't that good, generally, I'll make the best of it... With pizza, if they send the wrong thing I'll call them. If I can endure what they sent, I'll let them know I'm just letting them know 'for the record' but that I don't want to wait for another. If I literally can't eat what they sent then I'll request a replacement. If the pizza is badly prepared or not prepared as I'd requested (I hate dry pizza) again, I'll usually call to let them know, but will usually just tough it out... By calling, they'll usually comp something in the future or at least offer a discount or coupon. With the price of things these days, it really annoys me to feel I have to settle for lousy food.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Except in the very isolated case, I would eat it, and probably not go back to the restaurant. It just seems like too much of a power play unless it is a simple matter of a little more fire on a steak or a wrong side. Otherwise, it's not my style to be a pain.

Respected Contributor

I don't send it back unless it's really really bad. Otherwise, I have seen what they "may" do to it especially if it's a busy time.
Trusted Contributor

I've never had that happen with takeout pizza. I'm not expecting "gourmet" when I'm ordering Pizza Hut, and my criteria are usually pretty modest -- although I might call if the crust was raw or the toppings cold or something -- or I might just finish it in my oven.

If I'm in a nice/expensive restaurant, however, and the steak is tough, the veggies mushy, or the fish seriously undercooked, I certainly would ask that the problem be corrected. I'd be courteous and reasonable about my request, but clear. If I'm laying down a $50 bill for a meal, I should expect it to be properly prepared. Some food problems, like undercooked meat, cold food, foreign objects in food, wilted, discolored salad, etc. are not only unappetizing -- they can be health and safety hazards.