Regular Contributor

Re: Custardy Bread Pudding Recipe Posted

I made this recipe this afternoon and this bread pudding is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! I wish I could remember who the original poster was so I could give her a great big kudos and two thumbs up!! I've tried several bread pudding recipes over the past year or so, but they were all so sweet or dry that I never gave them a second try. This recipe will make you want to throw rocks at any other recipe you've been using....I know it's the only one I'll be using from now on!!!! Thank you so very much to the original poster....this was a truly, truly enjoyable dessert...and a breeze to make!!!

CUSTARDY BREAD PUDDING(mixture of bread pudding and custard)was my grandmothers=Linda

2 C MILK
1/2 C SUGAR
PINCH SALT
2 EGGS
1 TSP VANILLA
4 PIECES/SLICES OF BREAD
1/4 C MELTED BUTTER

CUT BREAD INTO CUBES---- MIX BUTTER, EGGS AND MIX WELL-ADD SALT, VANILLA, AND SUGAR. STIR IN BREAD CUBES. POUR INTO LOAF PAN PUT LOAF PAN IN ANOTHER LARGER PAN AND ADD 1 '' OF WATER BAKE AT 350 FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES

Frequent Contributor

Re: Re: Custardy Bread Pudding Recipe Posted

I love bread pudding, the best is when you bake it in a water bath. I am definitely trying this recipe. Thanks for posting it.
Esteemed Contributor

This is basically how I've always made bread pudding, but I use something like French bread, and also add some cinnamon and a little nutmeg. It gets crunchy on top and so good inside--I love the crunchy part!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 7/15/2014 ladybuglainie said:

I made this recipe this afternoon and this bread pudding is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! I wish I could remember who the original poster was so I could give her a great big kudos and two thumbs up!! I've tried several bread pudding recipes over the past year or so, but they were all so sweet or dry that I never gave them a second try. This recipe will make you want to throw rocks at any other recipe you've been using....I know it's the only one I'll be using from now on!!!! Thank you so very much to the original poster....this was a truly, truly enjoyable dessert...and a breeze to make!!!

CUSTARDY BREAD PUDDING(mixture of bread pudding and custard)was my grandmothers=Linda

2 C MILK
1/2 C SUGAR
PINCH SALT
2 EGGS
1 TSP VANILLA
4 PIECES/SLICES OF BREAD
1/4 C MELTED BUTTER

CUT BREAD INTO CUBES---- MIX BUTTER, EGGS AND MIX WELL-ADD SALT, VANILLA, AND SUGAR. STIR IN BREAD CUBES. POUR INTO LOAF PAN PUT LOAF PAN IN ANOTHER LARGER PAN AND ADD 1 '' OF WATER BAKE AT 350 FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES

this was my grandmothers recipe and is very very old. I posted this several times over the years so new posters could see and try it. I am so glad you really enjoy it. Thank you for reposting for newer posters.

Honored Contributor

yummmmm

Honored Contributor

Thank you, ladybug..., for bringing this recipe to our attention and thank you doglover3 for the original post!!!

I can't wait to try it. We love bread pudding and I am always looking for the next best recipe! Many I've tried have been too dry so this sounds delish! I have never made a bread pudding in a loaf pan either!

Thanks everyone!!!!

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting. This looks very much like my mom's recipe. What wonderful memories. I will be making this very soon.

Trusted Contributor

I just saw a recipe almost identical to this except it was cooked with a layer of marmalade in the bottom of the dish and dark choc chips added. I love orange and chocolate together so I think I'll try it very soon Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Lynneuk said: I just saw a recipe almost identical to this except it was cooked with a layer of marmalade in the bottom of the dish and dark choc chips added. I love orange and chocolate together so I think I'll try it very soon Smiley Happy

Oh Lynne, what a fantastic idea!! I am going to try that!

Can you post that recipe? TIA!

Regular Contributor

>doglover3....."Thank you" again for posting this fantastic recipe!! You can be happy knowing your beloved Grandma's recipes are still putting smiles on people's faces!!

>kittymomNC.....Yumm to the nutmeg/cinnamon idea.....I'll give that a try the next time I make it!

>gogirlfirend.....I never made bread pudding in a water bath before....never read a recipe before this one that suggested it, but you're right, it does make a wonderful difference!