Honored Contributor

Good with barbecued meat, chicken or fish!

1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 cup rice
1 med onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 t turmeric
1/2 t salt
1/8 t black pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley

In a med saucepan bring broth and juice to a boil over high heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley. Reduce heat to low and cook covered to about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Toss rice with fork and sprinkle with fresh parsley.

Contributor

Thank you for posting this recipe. My husband loves rice and I am going to try this tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Looks good. I wonder if it would work if you just tossed everything in a rice cooker?

Honored Contributor

Charhug - Hope you husband enjoys it!

FunkyHulaGirl -I have never used a rice cooker so I have no idea but since nothing is sautéed it seems like it would.

Honored Contributor

DiAnne, thank you!

I made this Sat. and served it w/ Baramundi Sea Bass.

It was JUST delicious and easy! Best rice I have ever made (that didn't come in a microwave pouch!) Very fresh tasting!

I used Trader Joe's Quick Cooking Organic Brown Rice. Finished in about 18 mins.

I didn't have tumeric so I used curry since that was suggested when I googled sub for tumeric.

I am going to make all my rice with broth from now on! Hmm...I wonder if this can be made with orange juice?

Anyways...we loved it so thank you!

Honored Contributor

Respectlife - Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. It is always nice to get feed back and I am so happy you liked the rice.

I am going through some old recipes from long ago - it is amazing how different I cook now. A lot of recipes have gone in the trash!

Respected Contributor

I'm bumping this recipe up. We had this with our dinner last night, and it was very tasty!

I served it with a ham slice and sautéed cherry tomatoes. The mild pineapple flavor of the rice went well with the ham.

I used half an onion and one red pepper - I dropped the orange pepper to save money. Half a green pepper would also work. The turmeric gives nice color and flavor.

So quick and easy to make. This recipe is a keeper.

Super Contributor

Sounds great DiAnne! FHG, I would try this in my cooker. I do all rice recipes in it and they turn out just fine.

Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 peachesncream said:

I'm bumping this recipe up. We had this with our dinner last night, and it was very tasty!

I served it with a ham slice and sautéed cherry tomatoes. The mild pineapple flavor of the rice went well with the ham.

I used half an onion and one red pepper - I dropped the orange pepper to save money. Half a green pepper would also work. The turmeric gives nice color and flavor.

peachesncream - I am glad you enjoyed it. If your family eats salmon the sweetness goes well with that also.

Respected Contributor
On 7/29/2014 DiAnne said:
On 7/29/2014 peachesncream said:

peachesncream - I am glad you enjoyed it. If your family eats salmon the sweetness goes well with that also.

We love salmon - especially DH. Thanks for that suggestion.