Frequent Contributor

I am so looking forward to making your Blueberry Sour Cream Pound cake but I have one quick question.....in the recipe there are two different places that it calls for 1 tsp. of almond extract is that correct or am I reading the whole thing wrong??? I plan to make this cake over the weekend so I hope you see this soon. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe I just love blueberries. Tess

Frequent Contributor

Still hoping for an answer...will post the question on her recipe post...Tess

Respected Contributor

I'm not Marlocat, but I think I can help with your question. This recipe is copied verbatim from http://www.youngmarriedchic.com/2012/07/moms-sour-cream-blueberry-pound-cake/

At the bottom of the page, someone asked your question about the 1 teaspoon of almond extract being listed twice in the ingredient list. The answer given is, "... I'm sorry about that!! It's only one tsp of almond, not two"

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Frequent Contributor

IamMrsG...THANK YOU so much for taking the time to give me an answer....now I can proceed to make this cake....thanks again...Tess

Honored Contributor

Tess ~~ I made this cake today and we just had a piece. It is really delicious! I have to tell you - I cut down the sugar from 3 to 2 cups and we think it is just right. I didn't have fresh blueberries, had the ingredients to make the pound cake and wanted to make it today so I used frozen blueberries. I always have them in my freezer so why wait for fresh?? Anyway, I thawed them and used the juice for the icing glaze....perfect! It looks pretty and it is delicious. This is a keeper!

Oh, I also used only 1 teas. almond extract as IamMrsG's posted.

MLC...thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. (P.S. miss seeing you - hope everything is alright).

Frequent Contributor

MissMadi..thanks for responding...I also made this cake today with 2 C sugar and 1 tsp of almond extract and 1 tsp of vanilla and it was just wonderful....I did use fresh blueberries as I have the bushes in my yard..I would receommend this recipe to anyone...probably one of the best pound cakes I have ever made....THANK YOU Marlocat.....Tess

Respected Contributor

tesspoodle...I am Very Sorry I did Not get Back to you. There is only one teaspoon of Almond extract. I got this recipe a few years ago online & I forgot to take out the extra teaspoon of almond. It's Funny because I also change the Recipe & use Lemon & Vanilla extract. Also, you can use the Non-Stick cooking spray with the Flour in it to spray the pan & it works great! If you don't have a Bunt pan regular pound-cake loaf pans work too, just adjust the cooking time a bit. I make this every Blueberry season. Lucky you to have the Blueberry bushes in your own yard. Enjoy!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~