New Contributor

a few days ago someone posted several recipes for the rangemate. Now I cannot find them and was hoping to make one of them today. Help, please

Respected Contributor

Can't get the spaces out but here are some recipes.

Steamed Shrimp with Vegetables

Ingredients

1c long grain rice

2 cups water

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

8oz raw peeled large shrimp (21-25)

1/2 c broccoli florettes

1/2 c sliced sweet red pepper

1/4 c sliced

1/2 tsp red pepper flake

1 lemon

Place rice, water, salt and pepper in the Range Mate

place cover on and microwave on high for 8 minutes

Carefully remove and let sit on counter for additional 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, place steamer insert on plate and arrange shrimp and vegetables evenly on top

Place rice on serving platter and whip unit clean. Cut lemon into 4 slices and place on bottom of RangeMate along with 1/2 cup of water. Place steamer insert in, place cover on and microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes... carefully remove, place shrimp and vegetables over rice and serve immediately.

Ham and Broccoli Quiche

Ingredients

1-9” pre made pie crust

6 oz diced ham

1/3 c chopped broccoli

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

5 eggs

3/4 cup half and half or milk

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Place steamer insert into RangeMate base. Line pie crust on to steamer insert and sides of

RangeMate unit being careful not to tear crust (if tears occur, they can be fixed with extra dough)

In a bowl.. mix eggs and milk, salt and pepper

Fill shell evenly with Ham, cheese and broccoli

Pour in milk and egg mixture

Place cover on and microwave for 5 minutes on full power

After 5 minutes, set microwave to 50% power and cook for additional 12 minutes

Carefully remove and let sit on counter for an additional 5 minutes, covered, to allow quiche to

fully set. Remove lid and let cool for an additional 5 minutes ... Carefully remove quiche from unit using a spatula ...cut and serve with side salad.

Beef Stoganoff

Ingredients

3c uncooked wide egg noodles

1-1/2c water

1# Cubed sirloin or stew meat

1- 8.5oz can sliced mushrooms

1-10.75 oz can beef gravy

1- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup

1/3 cup sour cream

2 Tbsp dried parsley

1/3 cup diced onion

Place egg noodles and water in RangeMate unit. Cover and cook at full power for

9 minutes. Carefully remove and drain. Cover and keep warm.

Wipe out and dry unit. Place cover on and heat RangeMate for 5 minutes in microwave on full

power. Carefully remove unit and take cover off... add meat and stir for 1 minute until meat is

brown. Add mushrooms, onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and cook at full power for 8

minutes. Add gravy and soup and stir to incorporate. Cover and cook for additional 2 minutes.

Remove and stir in sour cream... spoon over egg noodles and serve.

Orange Glazed Chicken

Ingredients

1- bone in 1/2 chicken (approx 1-1/2 pounds)

1 tsp seasoning salt

10oz jar orange marmalade

1 medium red bell pepper diced

zest of 1 orange

juice of 1 orange

1/2 tsp red pepper flake

Heat covered RangeMate unit in microwave for 5 minutes on full power.

Place seasoned chicken in skin side down...cover, and cook for 4 minutes.

Remove unit and carefully turn chicken over... place cover on and cook for an additional 8

minutes. Carefully remove chicken to platter to rest. Discard juice from unit ... rinse and dry.

Add marmalade, pepper, orange zest, juice and pepper flake to unit and stir to combine

Cover and cook for 3 minutes... remove.. stir to incorporate and serve over chicken.

Bacon and Cheese Strata

Ingredients

5 slices white bread cut into cubes

9 eggs

1/2 c chopped onion

5 slices cooked bacon chopped

1/2 c grated cheddar cheese

2 scallion sliced thin

1tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

In a bowl, whisk eggs.. then add onion, bacon, cheese, scallion, salt and pepper.

Fold bread cubes into egg mixture and pour into RangeMate.

Place cover on and microwave at full power for 4 minutes.

Set microwave to 50% power and cook for an additional 8 minutes.

Serve immediately

Zucchini Feta Muffins

Ingredients

1/4c butter

1/4c sugar

1 egg

1/4c sour cream

1/3c grated zucchini

1/3c feta cheese

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp cinnamon

Cream sugar and butter together.

Add egg to fully incorporate...

Mix in remaining ingredients

Divide batter into RangeMate muffin pan

Place 1 cup water into bottom and place muffin pan over.

Cover and cook at full power for 10 minutes...

Flan

Ingredients

1c sweetend condensed milk

1/2c heavy cream

3 eggs

1tsp vanilla extract

4 Tbsp Caramel sauce

Mix together milk, cream, eggs and vanilla. Place 1 Tbsp of caramel sauce in each of the 4 muffin inserts in the RangeMate muffin pan.

Place 1 cup water in the RangeMate base and place muffin pan on top.

Equally fill each muffin insert with custard. Cover and microwave on full power for 4 minutes.

Set microwave to 50% power and cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Remove cover and let sit for 3 minutes. Remove muffin pan from base unit... spoon custards onto plate and spoon caramel over top. (can be served warm or leave in muffin pan.. cover with plastic and refrigerate to serve chilled)

Peanut Brittle

Ingredients

1c sugar

1/2c light corn syrup

1c salted peanuts

1 tsp butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp baking soda

Combine sugar and corn syrup in RangeMate Base.. Cover and cook on full power for 3 minutes.

Stir in peanuts, butter and vanilla, cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes.

Stir in baking soda until light and foamy. Pour out onto cookie sheet and spread thin.

Cool completely and break into pieces ...serve

Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Bars

Ingredients

Dough:

2c oats

1c sliced almonds

4Tbsp honey

1Tbsp coconut oil

1tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

2 bananas

1 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:

1/2c oats

1/4c shelled pumpkin seeds

1c fresh blueberries

1/4c shredded coconut

1/4tsp cinnamon

For dough:

Combine all ingredients in food processor and run until fully combined and wet. Press dough into the bottom of the RangeMate base, cover and cook at full power for 2-1/2

minutes.

For topping:

Mix all ingredients together and place on top of dough pressing gently. Cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes at 50% power. Remove lid... cool completely. Remove bars from unit. Cut into squares and enjoy.

Individual French Toast Casserole

Ingredients

2Tbsp flour

Respected Contributor

Asian Glazed Chicken Wings

Ingredients

8-10 large raw chicken wing sections dried well

1 tsp seasoning salt

1/2c soy sauce

1/4c honey

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp red pepper flake

1 clove garlic minced

Season wings with salt and place in Range Mate base. Cover and cook on full power for 6 minutes. Remove unit and carefully turn wings over. Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Remove chicken to a plate and discard fat. Wipe Range Mate base out with towel. Place chicken back in base, pour sauce over, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Serve wings with a side of sauce for dipping.

Grilled Chicken Breast with Fontina Cheese

Ingredients

3-6oz boneless chicken breast (skin on or skinless)

1 red bell pepper sliced

1 red onion sliced

1clove garlic minced

6oz Fontina cheese grated

1/2 tsp dried basil

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in Range Mate base.

Cover and cook on full power for 6 minutes. Remove and turn breast over, add peppers, onion,garlic and basil, cover and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Add grated cheese over chicken,cook for 1 minute. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve.

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich

Ingredients

1 pound beef chip steak

1 medium onion sliced

1 green bell pepper sliced

6 slices American cheese or provolone

3- 6 inch torpedo rolls

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Heat covered Range Mate unit for 5 minutes in microwave on full power.

Add steak and stir until meat is browned. Add in peppers and onions, cover and cook for 4

minutes on full power. Remove meat and peppers with slotted spoon to a bowl. leave as much of the juice behind. Discard juice and wipe base out with paper towel. Add meat mixture back into

Range Mate, season with salt and pepper. Arrange cheese evenly over meat, cover and cook for 2minutes. Fill rolls with meat and cheese, serve.

Chocolate Fondue

Ingredients

18oz bittersweet chocolate chopped

2/3c heavy cream

1/3c brewed or instant espresso

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp salt

Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in Range Mate base.

Cover and cook on full power for 1 minute.

Stir well and continue cooking at 30 second intervals until smooth and warm.

Leave in Range Mate to serve. Residual heat will keep warm for a long while.

Serve with sliced fruit, berries, cookies, pound cake or marshmallows.

Respected Contributor

http://rangemateusa.com/grill-pan-recipes/

This has different recipes other than what I posted. Be sure to put it in just as it shows.

Honored Contributor

I bought this,not sure if I am doing something wrong, not liking it,looking for more recipes,and feedback.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy cooking, but I can have me "off" days when I'm rushed and ordering a pizza sounds like a plan....NO MORE! I am loving the Rangemate....I use it for chicken, burgers and steak all of the time. I love these recipes Gramma: I made the chicken with Fontina and last night I made the Asian chicken wings, but I made it with defrosted boneless skinless chicken thighs and it was phenomenal. I cooked them for six minutes with the sauce at full power. I turned them and cooked them for six more minutes. While they sat, I nuked a bag of stir fry veggies (the kind that is in the fresh produce section)and I added those to the chicken. It tasted like Chinese takeout without the fat. Next week I am going to try making chicken and cashews. My game plan is to cut thighs into bite sized pieces and add some corn starch to the sauce to thicken it a bit. I also want to try making the stroganoff.

Respected Contributor

I made a rib eye steak on my first try. It was 1 inch thick and weighed about 1 lbs. I looked at the recipe in the booklet and decided to base the cooking part on that. I heated the range mate for a few minutes, rubbed the steak with olive oil, salt, pepper and placed it into the sizzling pan. Cooked it for 4 minutes on the first side and 3.5 min on the other side.

It came out with grill marks but was well done which I don't like at all. I like it medium rare. So, when I make another one a few months from now, I will reduce the cooking time to 3 and 2.5 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me are these recipes for the round or square Rangemate? Does it matter? Has anyone done Meatballs in this? Thanks!

Respected Contributor
On 7/18/2014 CLEM said:

I made a rib eye steak on my first try. It was 1 inch thick and weighed about 1 lbs. I looked at the recipe in the booklet and decided to base the cooking part on that. I heated the range mate for a few minutes, rubbed the steak with olive oil, salt, pepper and placed it into the sizzling pan. Cooked it for 4 minutes on the first side and 3.5 min on the other side.

It came out with grill marks but was well done which I don't like at all. I like it medium rare. So, when I make another one a few months from now, I will reduce the cooking time to 3 and 2.5 minutes.

Clem, I had the same problem and believe it comes from the different microwave wattage. Mine is 950, so I also had to reduce the times. Also had issues with trying to crowd two good-sized NY strips in the round pan...they ended up steaming more than grilling.

There's a definite learning curve involved, but I'm finding the Range Mate a useful tool. Had success with poached eggs in the baking insert and looking forward to trying the flan.

Katey1261: I believe most of the above recipes would be suitable for the square Range Mate, unless the recipe mentions using the silicone steam tray or baking insert which you didn't get with the square unit.

Have never tried meatballs, might work on the frozen premade (already browned) ones, but home made meatballs probably wouldn't brown uniformly (just my guess). I.E., I did uncooked italian sausage recently, and while I got grill marks, they didn't "brown" as evenly as I'd get in a pan.

Denise
Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 CLEM said:

Cook the rib eye in a cast iron pan, develops a fabulous crust and stays rare or med rare inside.