Valued Contributor

Pecan Crusted Overnight French Bread from Best of Best QVC (Brit, is this it?)??)

Many of us have posted the "overnight" French toast casserole recipes, but this one is a bit different - has lots less eggs and sugar, and the prep is different. Sounds easy! Thought I'd share, since I know BritBrit13 is looking for her long lost recipe - hope this is it, or you find it, Brit!!

(added by Rose Gundy of Richland, Washington from Best of the Best from QVC Cookbook, copyright 2002)

Pecan Crusted Overnight French Bread

This can be made for a large group by doubling or tripling the recipe--as long as you can refrigerate all of it overnight.

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/2 cup pancake syrup

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

2 eggs

1/2 cup half-and-half

3 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon cinnamon

Dash nutmeg

1 loaf French bread, sliced into enough slices to fit pan (about 16)

Mix butter and syrup. Pour on shallow pan or cookie sheet. Sprinkle nuts over syrup mixture.

Mix eggs, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Dip bread in mixture until good and moist.

Place bread on syrup mixture; cover and store in refrigerator overnight.

Next morning - Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pecan Crusted Overnight French Bread from Best of Best QVC (Brit, is this it?)??)

mmm - this sounds good - but a nightmare to clean the pan !!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Pecan Crusted Overnight French Bread from Best of Best QVC (Brit, is this it?)??)

On 7/10/2014 Pie1993 said:

Sometimes I line my pans with parchment paper or foil to help make clean-up easier......

Esteemed Contributor

DiamondGirly,

Thanks so much for this recipe. I've been looking for such a recipe that didn't have 6-8 eggs in it for years and here it is!

(I'm watching the Giants-As game now and we're (Giants) doing horribly at 6-0. Wouldn't you know it, the one day game with the Giants broadcast on the MBL Channel, and we're going down badly.)

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/10/2014 DiamondGirly said:

Sometimes I line my pans with parchment paper or foil to help make clean-up easier......

Agree - parchment is God's gift to bakers.

Valued Contributor

On 7/10/2014 sfnative said:

DiamondGirly,

Thanks so much for this recipe. I've been looking for such a recipe that didn't have 6-8 eggs in it for years and here it is!

(I'm watching the Giants-As game now and we're (Giants) doing horribly at 6-0. Wouldn't you know it, the one day game with the Giants broadcast on the MBL Channel, and we're going down badly.)

sfnative,

You are very welcome! I was happy to find one without so many eggs, as well! I hope it turns out well!

(YES....our poor Giants...hubby keeps reminding me that it's still early in the season, considering how many games they play. I will hold that thought!! Smiley Happy )

Valued Contributor

Diamondgirly, TY so much for taking the time to look for the recipe, I have been making raspberry jam and picking fruit, I wish it was it..Its so close, the one i made had brown sugar I wonder if its in the 5 ingredient or less...it was in a cookbook QVC was showing, tara was there i emailed her and she don't remember either!! It used a almost a loaf of french bread.. Im hoping someone remembers {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} TY so much your just so awesome!!!! i was also wondering if it was in the qvc cookbook? I have the one cake on top but i cant find the other may be its in that one?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Britt

Valued Contributor

I found it YAHHH, TY you everyone for all your help especially DiamondGirly {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

This is awesome, I love this!

1 stick butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoons corn syrup
1 (16-inch) loaf pre sliced French bread
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon amaretto
Maple syrup, pecan pieces optional

Arrange bread slices in the baking dish in a single layer squeezing to fit if necessary, In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, Amaretto, Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Remove the dish from the fridge Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned. Serve with warm maple syrup and pecans.

Valued Contributor

So which QVC cookbook was this in?

Honored Contributor

I agree...but I won't have a problem w/ clean-up since DH is in charge of that!! LOL

Love the 'less eggs' in this recipe! I have many guests coming in Aug. and this would be perfect.

Thanks for sharing all the recipes!!