New Contributor

any ideas for bbq sides for kids who eat only healthy

Super Contributor

I don't mean to be obtuse, but could you give a little more info?

Honored Contributor

lin752 - I was and continue to be a picky eater. When you say healthy what does that mean? No meat, no mayo or miracle whip, no salt, no butter?

I've always enjoyed corn on the cob.

I don't mind potato or macaroni salad as long as miracle whip is used sparingly.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
New Contributor

either organic or less sugar is what they only eat. I already make lots of fruit dishes but need a side or possible casserole that I could make in advance

Respected Contributor

homemade baked beans, steamed veggies, corn on the cob. how old are the kids.

Esteemed Contributor

Grilled veggies, organic corn, organic carrot sticks, grilled small cauliflowed heads that can be dipped in organic salad dressing.

Super Contributor

They're children. As such, they don't have a say in the menu offerings when they're a guest at someone's home. For that matter, they don't get a say in the menu in their own homes.

Picky eaters are made, not born. I know this, as I was one. Fortunately, our kids, grands and great-grands all grew up as non-picky eaters. Somehow, raised one vegetarian and two other children who each have a vegetarian child.

Super Contributor

Kids have no idea what "organic" means, and I never met a kid who didn't like sweet stuff. This isn't about picky kids, this is about picky parents.

If you want to prepare side dishes for the kids of picky parents, then just buy those organic veggies and don't slather them in butter or dressing. Grill organic corn on the cob.