Trusted Contributor

Well, at least in northern NY, New England! I picked up some beautiful blueberries at today's farmer's market.

What is everyone's favorite blueberry recipe?

Super Contributor

Muffins!

But I like to add a handful to cereal, yogurt, ice cream ...

Honored Contributor

I made the Vitamix custard sauce (left out the flour and added some almond extract) and poured them on blueberries, with a sprinkle of sliced almonds on top.

Low carb and delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Homemade peach and blueberry pie - half peach, half blueberries, with good old homemade full top & bottom crust (I love the crust)! And maybe some butter pecan ice cream on top!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor
On 7/9/2014 terrier3 said:

I made the Vitamix custard sauce (left out the flour and added some almond extract) and poured them on blueberries, with a sprinkle of sliced almonds on top.

Low carb and delicious!

Terrier, I don't have a Vitamix (yet!) What is the recipe for the custard sauce?

I'm thinking of making a pseudo trifle with blueberries, strawberries, an angel food cake and either lemon curd or home made custard/pastry cream.

Honored Contributor
On 7/9/2014 Sammijo said:

Low carb and delicious!

Terrier, I don't have a Vitamix (yet!) What is the recipe for the custard sauce?

I'm thinking of making a pseudo trifle with blueberries, strawberries, an angel food cake and either lemon curd or home made custard/pastry cream.

6 egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar (I use Truvia), tablespoon of vanilla extract; cup and a half of half & half. Place in Vitamix and blend for 5 minutes (it will be hot and pourable).

The original recipe included 1/3 cup flour, but I left it out and it worked fine.

Trusted Contributor

Low carb and delicious!

6 egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar (I use Truvia), tablespoon of vanilla extract; cup and a half of half & half. Place in Vitamix and blend for 5 minutes (it will be hot and pourable).

The original recipe included 1/3 cup flour, but I left it out and it worked fine.

Do you use a full half cup of Truvia? I like to sub that for sugar as well, but was unsure of the measurements. That recipe is quite similar to pastry cream! It sure would be great to sub the Truvia. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

Low carb and delicious!

Do you use a full half cup of Truvia? I like to sub that for sugar as well, but was unsure of the measurements. That recipe is quite similar to pastry cream! It sure would be great to sub the Truvia. Thanks for the info.

I used 1/3 cup and that was more than enough. I don't like custard very sweet....3 tablespoons of butter too. The original recipe is on the vitamix product page....I also googled Vitamix custard sauce and there were several versions.

It is similar to pastry cream...it mixes up in 5 minutes or less in the Vitamix.

Honored Contributor

Muffins and pancakes!

Respected Contributor

Pie and cobbler

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero