Honored Contributor

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:

1. The first player of the month starts the game by posting their choice of recipe. At the end of that post he or she should indicate their choice of "Next Ingredient".

2. Throughout the game, the next poster in line must use the ingredient that the person ahead chose. If you can, highlight the ingredient and/or put it in capital letters anywhere that it is used through out the recipe.

3. Because of time or system delays, some duplicate posts occur to the same ingredient. The next poster generally responds to the first post for that ingredient.

Thanks for sharing good recipes with all of us!

APRICOT TARTS

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 3oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (hard to find small pkgs....use about 3 ozs)

1 cup all purpose flour

3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots

3/4 cup of water

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1/4 cup sugar

2 Tablespoons orange marmalade

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Topping:

2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened

1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

Blend together butter, cream cheese and flour. Chill for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring the apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside. Shape chilled dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin tins. Spoon apricot mixture into cups. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. For topping, combine cream cheese and butter in a small mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla until smooth. Beat in confectioners sugar. Spoon a dollop onto each tart before serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT: PEACHES

( I just noticed last time I chose blueberries to start June so made ingredient change....sorry.)
Honored Contributor

Re: JULY RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Peaches anyone? Or Strawberries? Pick a fresh fruit.
Trusted Contributor

Hey Walker, will Rhubarb work. He is one I have made several times and Mr Crazy really likes it and he really doesn't care for Rhubarb.

Rhubarb Dessert From JPC

4-5 cups rhubarb (cut up)

1 cup boiling water

Column #2

3/4 Cup Sugar

1/2 Cup Butter

1/8 Tsp Salt

1 Cup Flour

1 Tsp Baking Powder

1/2 Cup Milk

Column #3

1 Cup Sugar

1 Tablespoon Corn Starch

pinch of salt

Spread rhubarb in a 9 X 13 cake pan. Cream together the ingredients in Column #2. Pour over rhubarb ( doesn't pour good but I spread out best I can) Mix together the ingredients in Column #3. Sprinkle over the top. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. ***

I find in my oven, I have had to bake it about 55 minutes but start checking after the 40 minutes. Friend I got this from said she also bakes longer than the 40 minutes but didn't know for sure how long she baked hers.

JPC

Next ingredient: Chocolate

Honored Contributor

Mixed-Berry Shake

Mixed Berry Shake

• 1 quart vanilla ice cream
  • 6 ounces unsweetened frozen berries (such as strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
  • 2 cups whole milk
  1. In a blender, combine half of the ice cream, berries, and milk. Purée until smooth, stopping occasionally to stir with a spoon. Pour into glasses. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.

This recipe is from allrecipes.com

Next ingredient: Swiss cheese

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry JPC.. we must have posted at the same time.

Next ingredient: chocolate

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

OOps, house cat and I posted at the same time so go with her Swiss cheese.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

Lets go with Swiss Cheese house cat. No problem

JPC

Super Contributor

walker, thank you for getting the game posted again this month. Things are slow but maybe that is because of the busy week getting ready for the 4th of July. Lets hope things pick up soon!

Glazed Strawberry Pie

8 or 9-inch baked pastry pie shell
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. cold water
1 tsp. butter
Red food coloring
1 qt. fresh strawberries, cut in half

Mix sugar and water and bring to boiling. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir into hot mixture. Continue cooking until thickened and transparent, stirring constantly. Add butter. Cool partially and add sufficient food coloring for attractive red color. Add half the strawberries, being careful not to crush them. Place remaining strawberries in pastry shell. Pour thickened mixture over all. For best appearance arrange top berries to have cut side down. Cool and serve garnished with sweetened whipped cream.
Yield: Serves 6.
Note: To keep strawberries firm, wash gently in bowl of water before hulling.
Posted by sue-p 7/3/12

The next ingredients in the Game will be: BASIL - FRESH OR DRIED

Honored Contributor

How 'bout some chocolate dipped grilled Swiss cheese sandwiches

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Hey, I checked before I started to see if anyone else had posted! It took me 3 minutes longer than the others because I followed the rules and highlighted my ingredient! I think we should have some fresh strawberries on the plate next to the chocolate dipped grilled Swiss cheese sandwiches.

So now, walker, since you are in charge of this month's Game, what will we do?