Valued Contributor

Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes

/></span></div> <p><span style=Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes
(recipe source: Talistomatoes.com)

This was today's breakfast. Everyone loved them. I doubled the recipe for my hungry crew. It's a nice 'alternative' to traditional pancakes. We have a full day ahead of us and this was the perfect start. They are really delicious!

(makes 8)

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional) I didn't use it, because the blueberries were sweet enough
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen defrost and discard liquid)
4 eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk (or other milk such as almond milk or oat milk) use a tiny bit more for a thinner batter.
coconut oil for frying

Mix the eggs, maple syrup (optional) and coconut milk together in one bowl. Mix the coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then fold in the blueberries.

Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over low heat and add some coconut oil to coat the pan. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture to the pan. I find the easiest way to do this is to measure 1/4 cup and then roll it into a ball in my hand and then flatten in the pan with my hand. After a few minutes carefully flip the pancake over and cook the other side. Enjoy!

Note: They are wheat free, dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free (it can be completely sugar free and Paleo by omitting the maple syrup).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes

Thanks, LoLa!

I saved this recipe to hopefully try very soon!

Have you made these yet?

Honored Contributor

These sound good! I might try them w/o the berries & syrup.

Honored Contributor

Double Wow! I'm saving this one for sure..........and, the aroma of the coconut ...... I can smell the aroma right now.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Hi Ocean... You're welcome!! Yes, made them this morning for the third time. We love them!!
Valued Contributor

Hi willdob and Romary... You are very welcome! I hope you'll love them!
Trusted Contributor

Re: "I find the easiest way to do this is to measure 1/4 cup and then roll it into a ball in my hand and then flatten in the pan with my hand."

LoLa, is this batter like bread dough?! It's thick enough to roll into a ball with your hands? I know the flavor of these pancakes is something I'd love. Just can't understand the thickness of them.

Thanks for your reply.

Valued Contributor

Hi vabreeze.... It's definitely 'thicker' than traditional pancake mix. I added some more milk to thin it out a bit but they will still be 'doughy'. Yes, that bugged me a bit when I first read it, but I do flatten them pretty thin. I know it seems odd (at first) but the tastiness makes you forget all about the oddness, if that makes any sense...lol

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, LoLa, for your response-- yes, very helpful! Just need to get the coconut flour!!!

Super Contributor

LoLa, this looks really good. If you happen to read this, can you please say what almond "meal" product you used? I know the different grinds and methods of making almond meal/flour affect the results, and that the wrong thing can be either too crumbly or too oily. Also, is oil for frying the cakes necessary, or is there enough in the nut meal to get the job done? Thanks!