Occasional Contributor

I have been looking at this swap for along time and now its so small . i was wondering where everyone went no more input on recpies. if you went somewhere else let me know

Trusted Contributor

Hey....I went away for a short period, but am back for a short period.......Where have you been????????? Are you just a looker????????? Looking at your post numbers, you really do not post...........SO........Start posting some of your recipes and communicate with some of us.......Try the recipe game, or just start a post with one of your wonderful recipes........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor
On 5/25/2014 ladynona said:

if you went somewhere else let me know

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If people went somewhere else they're not going to see your post, so how would they let you know?

Regular Contributor

I honestly think some people are afraid to post their recipes. I have seen a lot of people get bashed for posting recipes with unhealthy ingredients.

Respected Contributor
On 5/25/2014 AlAnn said:

I honestly think some people are afraid to post their recipes. I have seen a lot of people get bashed for posting recipes with unhealthy ingredients.

Who cares about what they think? I just put them on ignore with all the other wackos!

Super Contributor
On 5/25/2014 AlAnn said:

I think you're right, and I think we all seem to come out better just ignoring the rudeness; it's hard to do sometimes, but most of the posters are positive, friendly, proactive, and prefer not to be negative. I believe some people really don't know they are being rude and hurting people's feelings. Some don't care. Some treat this as a discussion forum rather than a Recipe Swap.

Discussion is not unwelcome; it's the negative input that is. The tradition here (with someone always unclear on the concept) has been to respond positively to recipes and other posters if you have reason to, or not to respond at all. Simple and it makes for a very pleasant forum quite different from the ones that are meant to be opinion driven.

Too often, I've lost my cool, but I'm working on it. We'll get the most recipes by being nice. And it's the right thing to do.

Valued Contributor

I think we all have bad days sometimes, Iv had mine.. Iv had people thrash my boards.. but i decided to just ignore it and them..to comment just makes it worse!! and i love these boards..cause i love to cook..so I just try not to comment!!!! Britt

Honored Contributor

Good morning. Smile

It's Memorial Day Monday. I noticed there hasn't been much activity here on the boards. I assume it is because a lot of people are out and about and busy with other things this time of year. I have no family living near me, except for my mom and dad. My life revolves around working and cooking for them and for us. It's holidays like this that make me feel as if the rest of the world is out partying without me.

We'll be attending a bbque at the senior center tonight. The organization is providing the dogs and burgers. I made a huge batch of potato salad and a ginormous apple pie. I used the recipe from Farmhouse Rules, which aired this past Saturday. I figure there's nothing more American than potato salad and apple pie.

Wishing you all a happy day.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I forgot all about this group.

Honored Contributor

I always browse through the recipe game, but I'd rather comment than place recipes out here. It's hard to do that with the game. One poster tried to start a thread asking for your best recipe (like meats, desserts....) but not many people responded. I think a few years ago, a lot of people would have posted on those threads.