Valued Contributor

The commenting period has closed. What! When did this start happening? Tried to comment on food for the wedding.

What is this? I have never seen this before. It appeared in the white area for comments. Won't let you leave a reply.

WHY?

Trusted Contributor

Re: The commenting period has closed. What! When did this start happening? Tried to comment on food for the wedding.

On 5/19/2014 Soushi24 said:

What is this? I have never seen this before. It appeared in the white area for comments. Won't let you leave a reply.

WHY?

I have seen this many times when I have searched for something and found a thread, not realizing that it was an old thread. I don't know how long they will stay active, but if you find a year old thread, this will be the case.

ETA...Was this the new thread about the "potluck" wedding? That shouldn't have been closed! Maybe that thread went awry and they closed it down, as will happen. Yup! Just checked and that is the one that is closed!

Valued Contributor

Re: The commenting period has closed. What! When did this start happening? Tried to comment on food for the wedding.

This topic was started 3 days ago. There are subjects that have over 100,000 replies.

Still don't get it.

Trusted Contributor

This topic was started 3 days ago. There are subjects that have over 100,000 replies.

Still don't get it.

I am pretty sure a "fight" broke out and the thread got nasty. That will happen and it will get closed. Actually, usually the thread disappears completely!

Respected Contributor

I've seen a lot worse than that thread. Never seems to be rhyme or reason. Maybe it depends on how many people report it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

This has been happening since the instigation of the Community Forums. The Webmaster's determine if and when a thread needs to be closed down according to the Community Standard Rules which are posted, and in accordance to their opinion of if and when they should not be allowed to continue. It has nothing to do with when a thread was opened or how long any one has been running. It is a discretionary decision made by them according to the content or actions taking place among the posters on that thread. Once closed, they are not re-opened.

HTH

Valued Contributor

I started a new one , When did this start?? Iv never seen that, well check out the new one..i'm hoping the webbie will allow us to continue?? I wanted to thank everyone and keep everyone up to date!!

Britt

Valued Contributor

Why not delete the offending posts? Seems better plan to me.

Respected Contributor

Why not delete the offending posts? Seems better plan to me.

Cleaning up threads are generally more time consuming than they are worth.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

It got off the original topic and started getting a little heated so they shut it down to keep it from getting worse. I hop britt was able to use some of the excellent suggestions and ignored the other stuff.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."