Valued Contributor

RE,I'm going to a wedding next week!

I am not sure why they closed my thread, but I just wanted to say Thank you so much for all your help and recipes and tips. Wedding is next Friday and ill let you all know what i made and how it turned out!!

Brittany

Honored Contributor

Re: RE,I'm going to a wedding next week!

Good Luck and have fun! Congrats to the happy couple.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I'd also love to know why they closed our thread. The "I Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestware" went on forever and ever.

I enjoyed your thread, and absolutely support the idea of having a wedding where guests bring dishes - seems like a sweet, family style wedding and a lot of fun for everyone, plus saving lots of $$ for the bride and her family. Good planning!! Too many folks waste far too much money on wedding these days. We should be there to support the young couple - not to dine in expensive style and be entertained.

Valued Contributor

I believe it got closed due the negative responses. I quit going to that thread, because it made me sad for the original request...

Fiestware is something QVC sells, so it makes sense that they let it go on forever?

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to hear the update.

That thread reminded me of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the retirement community pot luck at Christmas.

I don't think that thread got as personally nasty but it did get hostile over peanut allergies and dentures.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I can't wait to hear the update.

That thread reminded me of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the retirement community pot luck at Christmas.

I don't think that thread got as personally nasty but it did get hostile over peanut allergies and dentures.

Lol I read that thread. It did get heated. Another thread that got heated and shut down a while back was one about a 2 ingredient cake. Box cake mix being one of the ingredients set people off, and that made it more than two ingredients. OP...good luck with the potluck. Can't wait to hear a recap from you.
Honored Contributor

LOL @ the Great 2 Ingredient Debate of 2014.

My favorite thread will always be the thread by the woman who wanted to cover her hickies and people insisted she was being physically abused. There was more projection in that thread than a 22 screen Multiplex.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 Perkup said:

I'd also love to know why they closed our thread. The "I Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestware" went on forever and ever.

I enjoyed your thread, and absolutely support the idea of having a wedding where guests bring dishes - seems like a sweet, family style wedding and a lot of fun for everyone, plus saving lots of $$ for the bride and her family. Good planning!! Too many folks waste far too much money on wedding these days. We should be there to support the young couple - not to dine in expensive style and be entertained.

I did not get to see the thread but I think it is a nice that guest bring dishes.....silly to waste so much money on the food......better to have the money for after they are married......going towards a down payment on a home or whatever they will need for their future. Be sure and tell us all about it and the good food. I am sure it will be pretty in presentation.

Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 VaBelle35 said:

LOL @ the Great 2 Ingredient Debate of 2014.

My favorite thread will always be the thread by the woman who wanted to cover her hickies and people insisted she was being physically abused. There was more projection in that thread than a 22 screen Multiplex.

I missed that one. But I think the crockpot thread in viewpoints a few years ago wins them all. In fact, they still talk about that thread over there. Let's just say don't mention you use a crockpot and Campbell's soup in the same sentence.
Honored Contributor

Ha! Thanks for the tip.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN