Super Contributor

Hi ladies...anyone have a good recipe for corn dip? It has a can of corn, sour cream (I think), bacon bits, and after that I am lost. You eat it with tortilla chips. TIA.

Honored Contributor

I make one with shoepeg corn, green onions, celery, seasoned salt, cherry tomatoes and mayo that we use. Also, one with black beans and corn, but I can't remember it right of hand.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

oops, didn't see the sour cream.. ill post another one Smiley Happy

Here is one somebody posted, enjoy, Brittany

This is a recipe by Trisha Year-wood (Singer). It sounded good so I thought I'd post. I have also included the link for further reading:

From the Kitchen of http://www.deepsouthdish.com

HOT CORN DIP

Adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Year wood
1 (11 ounce) can Mexican corn, drained
1 (7 ounce) can of chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Corn chips, for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a deep dish pie plate or 9 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or butter.

In a separate bowl, mix together the corn, green chilies, Monterrey and Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. Spread into prepared dish and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.

Serve warm with the corn chips. Can also be doubled and held in a slow cooker.

Serves about 6

Double for a 9 x 13 inch pan, except adjust green chilies to your taste. The original calls for 2 small cans of green chilies for a full 9 x 13 inch pan.)

Super Contributor

Thanks, ladies...was looking for a cold dip, but that one from Trisha sounds yummy!

Super Contributor

Mine I just do from my head but here goes

Corn Bacon dip

1- 8oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 c Miracle Whip

1 cup sour cream

1-2 cloves garlic crushed

1/4 tsp (or more) tabasco or Franks Hot Sauce

1/2 tsp or to taste Worcestershire sauce

I can Niblets corn, drained

8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled

Mix first 6 ingred well, add last 2 - let flavors blend for at least a couple hours

I eat it with Triscuits or fritos scoops! yummm! a family favorite

Valued Contributor

Hi nanny24...

This is the one that I've made before. It's delicious, however it doesn't have bacon or really anything creamy in it.

1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large Roma tomatoes,chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and finely minced
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
2/3 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley

Mix everything together and serve with tortilla chips.

LoLa

Regular Contributor
Posting from an IPad...spacing will be off, ..... but here is my sister-in-law's recipe. We devour it, and Served with Tostito Scoops. ........ 1- can white whole kernal corn 15 oz...... 1- can black beans 15 oz. (rinse black beans)..... 1- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese..... 1- bunch green onions (chopped up stems & all)..... 1/4 cup olive oil..... 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar..... 1/4 cup sugar..... Put the first four ingredients in a bowl..... Mix oil,vinegar,and sugar in separate bowl; and pour over the first four ingredients..... Refrigerate for a short time and serve with scoops...... Enjoy!....Cece
Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for taking the time to help me. They all sound delicious!!

Contributor

Black bean corn salsa-

1/2c oil

1/2c sugar

1/3c apple cider vinegar , boil till sugar dissolves and let cool

Chop - 1 red, yellow, & green pepper 1 sm sweet onion

Drain 1 can white corn,

1can garbanzo(chickpeas) beans,

1 can blk beans

combine all ingred, and let sit in fridge for a cpl hours before serving! Serve with fritos corn chips or tortilla chips! Enjoy! Smiley Happy cb

Contributor

'Cowboy Corn Dip' Ingredients 3 cans sweet corn with diced peppers, drained (also called Fiesta corn...11 oz each) 1 can chopped green chilies (7 oz) 1 can chopped jalapeno peppers, drained (6 oz) 1/2 cup green onions, chopped 1 cup mayonnaise 1 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese (16 oz) 2-3 bags of Frito Scoops Directions 1. In a LARGE bowl, mix all ingredients except for the chips. 2. Cover and chill two hours to overnight. Serve with your favorite chips Frito scoops or your favorite tortilla chips.Smiley Happy cb