Honored Contributor

I have not tried this recipe but it sounded good, and different, for asparagus. It was posted in the Chicago Daily Herald newspaper today.....in Health Section....so good for you!

Lemony Asparagus Salad

1/3 cup finely chopped shallots

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

1 tsp. honey

1 lb. asparagus

2 Tablespoons finely chopped mint

2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley

In a large bowl, whisk together shallots, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Trim root ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus tips off the spears and add to the bowl with the shallot mixture. With a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into thin ribbons, adding to the shallot mixture as you go. Add the mint and parsley and toss the salad until combined.

Contributor

It sounds yummy! Do you serve it warm or chilled?

Super Contributor

So the asparagus is raw?

Super Contributor

Sounds great walker! Nice and fresh for spring! I was going to ask about it being raw too. I think I have always had asparagus cooked. I usually roast it with lemon, but have not had mint with it. Thanks for sharing with us!Smile

Honored Contributor

Sounds wonderful.

Super Contributor

I will try this I can't use the lemon but I will use water and honey. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for responses.........I am assuming this is a raw/chilled type salad. It was not noted on recipe...said it was from Whole Foods though. Not sure about the mint either. Guess it is a new recipe to try......or not........my DH does not care for asparagus so if I try it I need to have someone else around who might ""try"" it....you know the ""guinea pig"" recipes....ha.

Valued Contributor

Thanks walker, I love Asparagus raw or cooked! Sounds delicious!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Valued Contributor

This sounds wonderful, walker! So fresh and Spring-like. Thanks you for sharing!
LoLa

Super Contributor

Walker, we could all be your guinea pigs on our next flight! I love asparagus, so it will be fun to try it a new way!