Esteemed Contributor

buy an Aldi's ham this year for Easter. The weekly ad shows 4 different ones. Which one is the best?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm convinced that I should

Don't have an answer but will say that I've liked everything I've purchased at Aldi's.

Occasional Contributor

My mother-in-law had us over for dinner and I couldn't get over how delicious the ham was, so I broke down and asked. I was figuring she was going to rattle off some expensive brand....nope .....Aldi's! You won't regret it. Just realized you were asking which one...sorry not sure.

Respected Contributor

Buy all our hams from Aldi's, both spiral cut and the butt end. Both are equally good, I think it's more a matter of serving style? Spiral cut is easy to serve (& good for sandwiches!), but my husband prefers thicker slices so he opts for the butt end he can carve himself.

I tried Googling the differences once and got about 90 different opinions, so good luck! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yum, I can't wait, we're buying our ham tomorrow!

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I bought a spiral sliced from Aldi's for Christmas. My daughter commented how good it was and no salty taste. I did not use the glaze that came with it. Next time I will make my own glaze.

I bought a duck and lamb from Aldi's this past week. I am not sure which I am having for Easter.

Boop

Super Contributor

Get the most expensive one based on price per pound.

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 flbettyboop said:

I bought a spiral sliced from Aldi's for Christmas. My daughter commented how good it was and no salty taste. I did not use the glaze that came with it. Next time I will make my own glaze.

I bought a duck and lamb from Aldi's this past week. I am not sure which I am having for Easter.

Boop

Boop, we've tried the lamb last year and it was very good! Hope you have a good experience as well. ::: putting it on my grocery list:::

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Aldi's has an Applewood Farms and one called Specialty Select double glazed ham in this week's ad. Sounds like you have eaten the plain, but delicious, one. Denisemb, glad you mentioned the lamb. I have always bought New Zealand lamb but I will try it now! Thanks to all of you for your comments.

Trusted Contributor

Their spiral ham is very good. I didn't like the glaze packet that came with it, so we just did some honey and brown sugar on our own. I haven't tried any other hams there yet.

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Zhills said:

Aldi's has an Applewood Farms and one called Specialty Select double glazed ham in this week's ad. Sounds like you have eaten the plain, but delicious, one. Denisemb, glad you mentioned the lamb. I have always bought New Zealand lamb but I will try it now! Thanks to all of you for your comments.

While I've enjoyed Honey Baked Hams over the years, I'm just not a fan of sweet glazed ham if I have a choice - so I go with the plain. Totally personal taste on my part.

(We've also tried the Aldi's duck but I fear our disappointment was more because of my failure in roasting duck. Just haven't been able to pull it off! {#emotions_dlg.blush})

Denise