Respected Contributor

Would someone please post this recipe. She just mentioned it on ITKWD, and where to find it, but I wasn't listening too closely. Thank you.

Not applicable

Re: Tara's Mom's Cinnamon Rolls

Waiting for it too!

Honored Contributor

This was on her Facebook page.

Sorry, can’t type. Hands too full of sticky, scrumptious Cinnamon Rolls I just made to celebrate National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day this week! This recipe uses dough made from scratch, but it’s still super easy and sooo worth it! Watch it: on QVC, Wednesday, 4/9, at 8:00 pm ET on #ITKWD with David Venable QVC Make it:

CINNAMON ROLLS

DOUGH
2 large eggs
1 packet (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 cup milk, heated until warm
5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt

FILLING
5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

ICING
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup powdered sugar

In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Whisk in yeast, milk, and melted butter and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the remaining Dough ingredients and mix into a sticky dough. Transfer to a well-floured surface and knead, adding additional flour, just until no longer sticky. Return ball of dough to the mixing bowl, cover, and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.

On a well-floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out dough, until it is a large 1/4 inch-thick rectangle. Spread the softened butter on the surface of the dough to start the filling. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over the buttered dough.

Spray a 4 quart temp-tations baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Grab the short side of the dough and roll entire dough into a pinwheel, pressing firmly as you go. Slice rolled pinwheel into 1 1/4 inch thick rounds and place into baking dish. It’s okay if they are touching. You should have enough rounds to fill the dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake cinnamon rolls 18-22 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Combine melted butter and powdered sugar to create the icing. If icing is hard, microwave 10-15 seconds to soften. Spoon icing over cinnamon rolls while still hot, serve and enjoy!

Photo: Sorry, can’t type. Hands too full of sticky, scrumptious Cinnamon Rolls I just made to celebrate National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day this week! This recipe uses dough made from scratch, but it’s still super easy and sooo worth it! Watch it: on QVC, Wednesday, 4/9, at 8:00 pm ET on #ITKWD with David Venable QVC Make it: See below or click here: http://bit.ly/PNlvDp CINNAMON ROLLS DOUGH 2 large eggs 1 packet (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast 1 cup milk, heated until warm 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix 1/2 cup sugar 3/4 teaspoon salt FILLING 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened 1 cup dark brown sugar 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon ICING 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted 1 cup powdered sugar In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Whisk in yeast, milk, and melted butter and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the remaining Dough ingredients and mix into a sticky dough. Transfer to a well-floured surface and knead, adding additional flour, just until no longer sticky. Return ball of dough to the mixing bowl, cover, and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. On a well-floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out dough, until it is a large 1/4 inch-thick rectangle. Spread the softened butter on the surface of the dough to start the filling. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over the buttered dough. Spray a 4 quart temp-tations baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Grab the short side of the dough and roll entire dough into a pinwheel, pressing firmly as you go. Slice rolled pinwheel into 1 1/4 inch thick rounds and place into baking dish. It’s okay if they are touching. You should have enough rounds to fill the dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake cinnamon rolls 18-22 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Combine melted butter and powdered sugar to create the icing. If icing is hard, microwave 10-15 seconds to soften. Spoon icing over cinnamon rolls while still hot, serve and enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I've tried to make my own pecan rolls so many times and they hardly ever turn out, they get dry fast, etc. Now, I just buy a can of jumbo biscuits and place them over a topping mix of pecans, brown sugar, 2 tbs white syrup and butter, dash of cinnamon and they stay fresher longer and lot less fuss and mess. When cooked, turn the pan upside down and be done with it. LOL

Honored Contributor

My DH makes the best Cinnamon Rolls I have ever ate. They are a clone recipe of Cinnabon's. YUM!!! Now I want a cinnamon roll. Maybe I can talk him into making some soon.

Respected Contributor

Nightowlz, Thank you for posting the recipe. I'm confused by one thing. It says to "grab the short side of the dough ---". Usually, don't you usually roll the dough starting with the "longer" side and how big should the rectangle be? Just wondering ---.

Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 coffee drinker said:

Nightowlz, Thank you for posting the recipe. I'm confused by one thing. It says to "grab the short side of the dough ---". Usually, don't you usually roll the dough starting with the "longer" side and how big should the rectangle be? Just wondering ---.

I have never made them but saw DH making his clone Cinnabon recipe & he rolls from the longer side & cuts each roll. He rolls it out about 18" x15". Here is the recipe he uses.

Cinnabon Rolls

Dough:

½ c warm water

2 pkgs dry yeast

2 tbls sugar

3 ½ oz pkg instant vanilla pudding

½ c butter-melted

2 eggs

1 tsp salt

6 c flour

Cinnamon-Sugar Mix for Dough

1 c butter

2 c brown sugar

4 tsp cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese

½ c butter

1 tsp vanilla

3 c confectioner’s sugar

1 tbls milk

To make frosting, mix ingredients until smooth.

Cinnabon Rolls Instructions

In a bowl combine water, yeast & sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.

In large bowl, take pudding mix & prepare according to pkg directions.

Add butter, eggs & salt. Mix well. Add yeast mixture. Blend.

Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in greased bowl. Cover & let rise until doubled.

Punch down dough & let rise again.

Then roll out on floured board to 18 x 15 size.

Take 1 c soft butter & spread over surface. In bowl mix 2 c brown sugar & 4 tsp cinnamon.

Sprinkle over top. Roll up very tightly. With bread knife, put a notch every 2”. Cut into rolls.

Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 2” apart.

Take hand & lightly press down each roll.

Cover & let rise until double again.

Bake at 350° for 15-20 mins. Remove when they start to turn golden brown.

DO NOT OVERBAKE

Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting