Valued Contributor

Spring Asparagus and Asiago Tart

/></span></div> <p><br/> <span style=Spring Asparagus and Asiago Tart
(recipe source: adapted from.. notwithoutsalt.com)

This is such a delicious way to welcome Spring and Easter. This tart is quite lovely and works perfectly for brunch or dinner. My family really loves it and it will have a front row seat on my Easter table. I hope if you try it, you'll love it too.

Serves: 6-8

1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 package puff pastry
1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 cup of shredded Asiago Cheese
salt and pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)

Pre-heat your oven to 400*. Line a baking sheet with parchment.

Roll the puff to a rough 8×12 inch rectangle. Trim off the uneven edges. Carefully place the puff onto the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

In a small bowl combine the Mascarpone, cream, dijon, garlic, pepper flakes, and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Remove the woody part of the asparagus by taking one spear and carefully bending until it snaps. Using that spear as your guide cut the remaining asparagus where your guide snapped. In a medium bowl toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Remove your puff from the fridge and lightly score a 1” border around the entire tart. Spread with the Mascarpone mixture and then place the asparagus, single file, one right next to the other. Sprinkle the top with a fine sea salt and pepper and put in the oven. After the first 20 minutes of baking reduce the heat to 350*, add the asiago cheese and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.

Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Just before serving top with toasted walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Asparagus and Asiago Tart

Hi Lola! I must just be missing your posts cuz I haven't seen you in a bit. Hope all is well!

This has all my fav ingredients! I have never used puff pastry. Is it in the frozen foods section? It is different than Phyllo dough, right?

Thanks for posting! YUM

Respected Contributor

Looks dry, is it?

Esteemed Contributor

Lola ~ that looks delish~ Perfect for Easter. Thank you for sharing!

Super Contributor

I bet it would be good with Swiss or Gruyere as well...

Valued Contributor

RespectLife... Hi! Yes, I've been away for a while - just dealing with day-to-day things. All is well. I hope the same for you too! Puff Pastry is usually right next to the Phyllo Dough in the frozen section. You're quite welcome!

Skylands...Actually, it's not at all. The mascarpone really gives it a nice feel.

magicmoodz... I hope that you'll try it. You're very welcome!

stilltamn8r..... Yes, I couldn't agree more!!

Honored Contributor

Hi Lola...glad all is well! Have a blessed Easter!

Respected Contributor

My mom has Celiac. I wonder if a gluten free crust can be used instead of the puff pastry?

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

Very nice, LoLa! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Hi Lola missed you & all your great recipes, this one of course is a keeper, will do for Easter Thanx