Honored Contributor

ISO Italian Cheese (Easter?) Pie Recipe. Sweet not savory

I had one once that was sort of like a cheesecake, but not as sweet. It was wonderful and I would love to have a similar recipe! It wasn't really eggy--like some of the recipes I see must be because they are mostly eggs.

Anyway, if you have a recipe like that I would appreciate having a copy. THANKS!

Frequent Contributor

Re: ISO Italian Cheese (Easter?) Pie Recipe. Sweet not savory

I was researching websites earlier after reading another thread about St Joseph's Day pastries, and found this site that has a boatload of Italian recipes. There is a Ricotta Pie under the Easter recipe section that might be close to what you're trying to find.

If not, you'll probably still enjoy reading the recipes. And yes, they even have one for Zeppole too.

www.mangiabenepasta.com

Honored Contributor

THANKS so much! I will certainly check that out!

Valued Contributor

Hi Sooner! HERE is the one that I've used since I found it last year. It's really quite good. Hope this helps.

Have a great week,

LoLa

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2014 LoLa said:

Hi Sooner! HERE is the one that I've used since I found it last year. It's really quite good. Hope this helps.

Have a great week,

LoLa

That looks wonderful! And easy too! THANKS!

Valued Contributor

You're very welcome!

Respected Contributor

EASY ITALIAN CHEESE PIE

• 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
  • 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, ricotta cheese, and lemon peel until well blended.

3. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the filling is set and the edges are golden.

4. Let cool then chill for 4 hours; serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.

Don't worry if the center of the pie falls slightly after you take it out of the oven...mine usually does, and it still tastes great!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

Sounds yummy! TY for the recipes.

Super Contributor

Ciao_bella - Many, many (and I might add many) years ago a high school classmate would share some of her Easter pie with us during the holidays. It was delicious. Over the years I realized that it must have been made with ricotta but that is all I knew. I am certainly glad to see this recipe. I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I make mine exactly like ciao_bella. My recipe is handed down in my family from Italy. The only other thing I do is I buy the double pie shell where you get 2 and I slice the other piece into strips and place them on the top of the pie to make a lattice pie crust on the top.

I forgot to mention that I also top a little sprinkled confectioners sugar on the top when cooled.