Respected Contributor

Looking for past recipe for pinto beans!

I've had a recipe for pinto beans on my frig for a couple of years and it is missing!

If it is yours or you know the one I am looking for please save my sanity and re-post!

It had 1/3 c salsa, 3 bay leafs, garlic, cumin, salt pepper, chili powder AND add rice at the end of cooking. I could probably improvise but would love to find the real measurements.

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for past recipe for pinto beans!

I found this that Soushi24 posted by searching on the left at the top:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/76512/crock-pot-pinto-beans.aspx

Just tasted the finished product and oh, so good. Easy too.

Pinto Beans and Rice in a Crock Pot (Or on Stove Top) Recipe #41246

This is one of those good ol' down home meals. Add a pan of cornbread and you've got it made! You can obviously make this spicier by adding more chili powder, cayenne, jalapenos or just pass the Tabasco. Please note that the time shown is an estimate only as there will be a variance of heat from one crockpot to the next.
by Junebug (I need to cook them about 5 hours on high)

3¼ hours | 5 min prep

1. Rinse beans in colander.
  2. Put in a crock pot (or large pot).
  3. Cover with water, plus about 2 inches over top of beans.
  4. Add all ingredients, except rice.
  5. Cook on high in crock pot about 3 hours til tender. (Crockpots vary greatly on cooking times. It could take much longer in yours, so the first time allow longer to cook and then you will know how long cooking time will be in the future.).
  6. (Add water if necessary) May also cook on low overnight.
  7. Add rice and cook until rice is warm.
  8. Serve with cornbread.

Found on Recipe Czar

Respected Contributor

I am happy now! And for those that like beans this is really good I do add bacon.

Esteemed Contributor

This looks good. My all time favorite has always been pinto beans, smoked ham hocks, and onions. Even the kids loved them that way. Must give this recipe a go.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein