Valued Contributor

Do you have a Recipe for Cheesecake bars? you would share? Thank you!

I was wondering if you have a recipe for cheesecake? my sister-in-law in coming for a week to visit and she loves cheesecake.

I'm not very good at cheesecakes, I have trouble with them turning out. You have any tips that could help me!! Thank you, Brittany

Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a Recipe for Cheesecake bars? you would share? Thank you!

I don't have one recipe, I have three. Two I got from the Chew and have not tried, but I have the ingredients, just have not had the time, both look really good and seem pretty easy to make and not intimidating. I have never tried to make a real live honest to goodness cheesecake, for some odd reason that whole water bath thing kind of scares me. The last recipe is not really a cheesecake bar per say, but it is close and I have had and made it often, it is my grandmas Chess Cake recipe (similar to a certain gooey butter cake recipe, but my grandma did not add vanilla to hers). Anyway, here you go.

Michael Symon's Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust

For the Crust:

1 1/2 cup Pretzels (ground)

1/2 cup Graham Crackers (ground)

1/4 cup Granulated Sugar

8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)

pinch Salt

For the Crust: Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the pretzels, graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Add a pinch of salt and then press into the bottom of a 13x9 clear glass baking dish. Set aside while you make your filling.

For the Filling:

24 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)

1 cup Sour Cream

1 cup Granulated Sugar

5 large Eggs

1 teaspoon Vanilla

10 ounces Strawberry Preserves (to serve)

For the Filling: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the softened cream cheese on medium speed, scraping the sides and the beater occasionally. Next, add the sour cream and continue to mix until combined. Next, add the sugar and continue to mix until combined. With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, thoroughly mixing in after each addition. Add the vanilla. Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 1 hour or until the center is no longer jiggly.

Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the jam. In a small sauce pot-melt the strawberry jam over low heat. When it is melted, strain in to another bowl if you prefer no seeds. Pour the melted jam over the top of the cheesecake and smooth out in to an even layer. Let the cheesecake sit out to cool for another 30 minutes to an hour, then slice in to 24 squares while still warm. Refrigerate for a few hours to chill completely.

Helpful Tips:
1. If you don’t have a food processor to crush the pretzel and graham crackers for the crust, put them in a plastic bag and smash them until they’re pulverized.
2. Not using a cheesecake pan allows the crust to stay thick to play on the salty and sweet flavor.
3. If taking this cheesecake to go, then the best way to wrap it is to first wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap, then put a piece of cardboard wider than the dish on top, and then wrap in tin foil.

The Chew's Vanilla Chex® Cheesecake Bars

CRUST:

4 cups Vanilla Chex® (ground)

2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)

FILLING:

2 8-ounce packages Cream Cheese (slightly softened)

3/4 cup Sugar

1/3 cup Milk

2 Eggs

1/2 cup Sour Cream

1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract

2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour

Vanilla Chex® Brittle (to garnish) recipe below.

Preheat oven to 350F

In a medium bowl, mix Vanilla Chex® crumbs with melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of a greased 9x9 pan.

In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and then mix in the eggs, one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour into the crust. Place baking dish into a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water until it reaches half way up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cool at room temp, then chill in refrigerator until serving. Serve with Vanilla Chex® Brittle.

Helpful Tip: Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature before refrigerating to prevent it from cracking.

The Chew's Vanilla Chex® Brittle

8 cups Vanilla Chex® Cereal

1 cup roasted Peanuts

1 14-ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 teaspoon Salt

Preheat oven to 275 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or grease with cooking spray.

Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and fold together until evenly mixed. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until mixture is tacky and caramel colored. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Break into pieces and store in a cool dry place for up to one week.

CHESS CAKE

BASE:

1 Stick of Butter (softened or melted)

1 Box of Cake Mix (I like Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden, but you can use any flavor for fun)

1 Egg

Optional: add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla or Almond Extract.

Combine cake mix, egg and butter in a large bowl, mix well (using a mixer makes it easier). Pat into a greased 13”x9” pan.

FILLING:

1 Box Powdered Sugar

2 Eggs

1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (softened)

1 Stick of Butter (softened or melted)

Optional: add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla or Almond Extract or for Lemon Chess Cake add juice of 2 Lemons.

Using the same bowl and mixer you used for the base, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, add eggs and powdered sugar (and extract if using). Using low speed, beat ingredients (scraping the sides of the bowl if needed) until well mixed. Pour over base mixture and bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes (you want the center to be a little gooey). Remove from oven, cool completely, cut into squares. Enjoy.

I am sure whatever you decide to make her will be appreciated, it is a nice gesture.

Good luck.

T

Honored Contributor

Kraft = Cream cheese and I'd go to their web page and put in the bars you want. I'll bet you'll find a dusey of a recipe you can use, or some to choose from. I have a few Kraft books and I get their magazine. They have some of the best recipes, you just drool to look at the pictures. Good luck with that, I am sure you'll find a winner there.

Valued Contributor

tkins, Thank you so much, im going to give these a look through....ty for taking the time to post {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

tkin, ty for your loved grandma's recipe that's special {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I feel very blessed,{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Quality, oh hey i forgot about them, TY so much for reminding me...{#emotions_dlg.lol} Wonderful recipes and a good search you ladies made my day TY, Britt

Thank you so much!!

Contributor

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars from allrecipes are so good and so easy. I have made them many, many times and everyone loves. Quick and easy in a pinch and I often make a half recipe because I can't be trusted around a whole pan, lol. I don't put the honey on top although I'm sure it would be very good.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sopapilla-Cheesecake-Pie/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=sopa...

Valued Contributor

Lauren, very pretty name, TY for taking the time to post means so much,{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Now i have seen that but never tried it. and it taste like cheesecake??

I'm going to check it out!! Thank you so much, Brittany

Contributor

Yes, best cold and after being in fridge overnight but they rarely make it overnight in my house. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Britbrit13 said:

tkins, Thank you so much, im going to give these a look through....ty for taking the time to post {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

tkin, ty for your loved grandma's recipe that's special {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I feel very blessed,{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Quality, oh hey i forgot about them, TY so much for reminding me...{#emotions_dlg.lol} Wonderful recipes and a good search you ladies made my day TY, Britt

Thank you so much!!

You are very welcome. Let us know what you make and how it came out, then we can all make it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

tkins

Super Contributor

I have 2 recipes too, Brit! Regarding the second recipe, IDK if it's the right time of year for pumpkin,...you be the judge!

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (15.5 oz.) Oreo cookies, divided

1/4 cup butter, melted

4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup sour cream

4 eggs

Directions:

HEAT oven to 325ºF.

1. Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Process 30 cookies in food processor until finely ground. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of pan.

2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining cookies; stir 1-1/2 cups into batter. Pour mixture over crust; top with remaining chopped cookies.

3. Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.

*NOTE* Sometimes, instead of mixing chopped up Oreos into the batter, I use those tiny semi-sweet chocolate morsels instead.

Layered Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

For the Crust:

1-1/4c graham cracker crumbs

1/4c sugar

1/3c butter, melted

For the Pumpkin Cheesecake:

2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened

1-3/4c sugar

3 eggs

1c canned pumpkin puree

1/2t pumpkin pie spice

1/2t vanilla

1/4t salt

For the Chocolate Cheesecake Layer:

1c semisweet chocolate chips (or 6oz semisweet chocolate, chopped)

2T butter

For the Sour Cream Topping:

1 pint sour cream

1/4c sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

tiny pinch salt

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x13 pan.

2. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking pan (the back of a spatula works well for this).

3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth. Incorporate the eggs, followed by the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt.

4. Pour the mixture into another bowl.

From the mixture, measure out 1-1/4c and return it to the mixing bowl.

5. To a small saucepan (or double boiler) over low heat, add the chocolate and the butter. Stir until melted. Pour the melted chocolate into the 1-1/4c pumpkin cheesecake mixture you have reserved. Beat on medium until smooth.

6. Carefully pour the chocolate cheesecake mixture over the crust and very carefully spread evenly with an off-set spatula (the crust will lift from the bottom of the pan if you're not careful, just take your time and don't worry if a few crumbs mix into the chocolate). Bake for 15 minutes.

7. Pour the remaining pumpkin cheesecake mixture over the baked chocolate layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes more or until the center no longer jiggles when gently shaken..

Increase the oven temperature to 450° F.

8. Whisk together the sour cream, sugar, vanilla & pinch salt until smooth. Spread over the hot cheesecake, gently spreading to edges using an off-set spatula.

Return cheesecake to oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.

9. Cool completely, then chill for at least three hours in the refrigerator.

Cut into bars (for best presentation, wipe off the knife between each cut).

Valued Contributor

Oh Sabatini2 these sound wonderful {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.lol}Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Thank you soooo very much,{#emotions_dlg.lol} and I LOVE pumpkin!! WOW, I can not wait to make these Smiley Happy)))) I'm so excited, you ladies are so awesome!!!!

THANK YOU so much, Brittany