Best/easiest Coconut sheet cake ever !

• 3 large eggs
  • 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream $
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 (8.5-ounce) can cream of coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
  • Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
<h3 style="margin: 0px 0px 12px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.5em; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #330033;"> Preparation</h3>
  1. Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add sour cream, 1/3 cup water, and next 2 ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add cake mix, beating at low speed just until blended. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
  2. Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Cover pan with plastic wrap, and freeze cake 30 minutes. Remove from freezer.
  3. Spread Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting on top of chilled cake. Cover and store in refrigerator.
  4. Note: If desired, cake can be baked in 1 greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 15 servings.

I found this recipe in the Southern Living cookbook and also on their website. It's called Coconut Sheet Cake...omg....I thought I'd died and gone to 'heaven' when I tried it. The coconut-cream cheese frosting was fantastic also. Enjoy! (I'd never tried cream of coconut before - it MAKES the cake, for sure.) By the way, I made mine in the 13 x 9 pan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Best/easiest Coconut sheet cake ever !

Thanks, this sounds wonderful. Just sent it to my sister, the coconut queen.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Southern Living has the BEST recipes!

Super Contributor

I like to make a regular white cake in a 9x13 pan, then while warm, to poke with holes and pour over 1 can of Cream of Coconut mixed with one can of Eagle Brand milk- then top with grated coconut...

Oh so moist!

Valued Contributor

yummy, I am going to make this for my sister-in-law. thanks

Trusted Contributor

Looks like I have my contribution to the family Easter dinner!!!

Super Contributor

thank you! I love this! I love coconut and hubby hates it…. I might just overrule him this Easter.

Super Contributor

This sounds so good.... I think it would be fun if you tinted some coconut to sprinkle on top of the cake if you wanted something fun for Easter.

Frequent Contributor

I love coconut and this looks very yummy. Of course there is always cream of coconut in my house for the yummy Pina Coladas

Respected Contributor

Hi! sarahpanda...Thanks for posting Looks YUMMY!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~