Regular Contributor

My sister sent this to me cause she knew I loved pumpkin anything. It is one of the moistest cakes I have ever made & delicious. A couple of things - it calls for 2 c. pumpkin or a 16 oz. can. I could only find a 15 oz. can so I opened a 2nd can to get the rest (which created an excess but I used it for the cookies (recipe to follow) & I still have some). I don't know the baking technicalities but maybe 15 oz. would be ok. The 2nd thing is the frosting. I would like to try it again with a cream cheese glaze but if you make the frosting, I would cut the recipe in half because with the bundt cake pan I had I couldn't frost around the bottom & I had a ton of it left (& you all know what happened to it). If you use a tube pan you would probably use all the frosting so I would make the whole recipe if you use the tube pan I hope you like it.

Pumpkin Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

2 c. flour 1 c. oil

2 c. sugar 1/4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. soda 2 c. pumpkin ( 16 0z. can)

4 eggs

1 Tb. cinnamon

Mix ingredients well. Grease tube or Bundt pan & bake 1 hour & 15 minutes (I checked mine at 1 hour, 10 minutes & it was done) at 350. Cool completely & frost.

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1 box (16 oz.) confectioner's sugar

1 tsp. vanilla 1 stick butter

I used regular cream cheese but I bet it would work with the low fat (to help a little on the calories count). Let cream cheese & butter soften & mix with sugar & vanilla & spread on cake.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds good, I've been trying to find a tried & true pumpkin bread/cake recipe for awhile! Is that baking soda - or seltzer type of soda? I've seen the later in recipes often.

Honored Contributor

Thanks much, Golden Karen! I love pumpkin anything and look forward to trying this!

Regular Contributor
On 2/18/2014 ibb38 said:

Sounds good, I've been trying o find a tried & true pumpkin bread/cake recipe for awhile! Is that baking soda - or seltzer type of soda? I've seen the later in recipes often.

Sorry - I see how it printed - it's baking soda, also I used vegetable oil - the recipe just says oil so I guess you could use canola or vegetable. I was trying to not use so much space so I typed the ingredients 2 to a line - guess I won't do that again.

Regular Contributor
On 2/18/2014 RespectLife said:

Thanks much, Golden Karen! I love pumpkin anything and look forward to trying this!

It was darn good if I do say so myself. I just posted the pumpkin molasses cookies with the update - if you like pumpkin you will like the version with the pumpkin pie spice.

Honored Contributor

Thanks! I will go find it! Got to buy some molasses! One of the few things I don't have in my pantry!

Regular Contributor
On 2/18/2014 RespectLife said:

Thanks! I will go find it! Got to buy some molasses! One of the few things I don't have in my pantry!

I just checked & I have enough pumpkin to try the cookies again with pumpkin pie spice mixed with the sugar. Will report back to see if there is a difference.

Valued Contributor

OH my these look so good!! TY so much for the recipe!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Pumpkin,

Britt

Super Contributor

I use a recipe like this. I use a tube pan instead of a bundt but it is decadent and delicious!

Occasional Contributor

This really sounds nice. I always find pumpkin dishes very refreshing, winter or summer.