1 c parmesan cheese, divided
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 c heavy cream
15-oz can chicken broth
2 c cooked chicken, roughly shredded
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
salt

Preheat oven to 350 deg F and coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.

Boil the noodles 2 minutes less than called for in the package directions.

Drain noodles and toss with 3/4 cup of the parmesan, and set aside.

Melt butter in a large sauce pan and add the flour, stirring constantly.
Cook 2-3 minutes on low heat.

Gradually stir in the cream and broth, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.

Add the chicken and cook 1 more minute.

Beat 1/4 cup of the heated sauce into the egg yolks*, then return the egg mixture to the chicken mixture.

Stir briskly for 1 minute, remove from heat, and add salt to taste.
Pour over the noodles.

Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup parmesan and bake 20-30 minutes.

*Don't skip this bit. It's tempering the eggs. If you add the egg mixture directly to the chicken without first adding the 1/4 c. sauce to the eggs, the eggs will scramble.

Super Contributor

Re: Rich Creamy Parmesan Chicken Casserole

Thanks! Can't wait to try it. Sounds Good..

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Beebee2. This reads like good, cold weather comfort food. I will be compiling next week's menu after dinner this evening, and this will be on it.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

On 1/22/2014 IamMrsG said:

Thanks, Beebee2. This reads like good, cold weather comfort food. I will be compiling next week's menu after dinner this evening, and this will be on it.

Hi, Mrs. G. It's so good to hear from you. I've been wanting to let you know that our family Christmas meal included your recipes for tenderloin with the port shallot sauce, and the sauteed cipolinni. We all thought it was one of our best meals ever. So, thank you so much for sharing those delicious recipes. And, a belated Happy New Year!

And, HappyandIknowit from NY, this should keep you warm and toasty while you wait for the thaw! Thanks for responding.

Super Contributor

Thanks Beebee! Noodles and creamy...that's all I need!

Regular Contributor

This sounds delicious - true comfort food. I think this has been one of the most miserable winters in recent memory & this is the kind of food we reach for during these times. Chicken, chees & cream - the 3 amigos! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Super Contributor

bigkat, You are welcome. Let us know if you fix it and how you like it.

GOLDEN KAREN, you made me chuckle. I'll think of this now as the Three Amigos Casserole; may have to add some chili powder and cumin. Smiley Happy This is real 'snow shovellin'' food. Here I am in Southern California; I'll have to find another excuse. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So. Cal? SIGH! You don't have a spare room you feel like renting till this bitter winter is over do you, Beebee2? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I'll cook this casserole for you!!!

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2014 RespectLife said:

So. Cal? SIGH! You don't have a spare room you feel like renting till this bitter winter is over do you, Beebee2? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yes, I do. Come on out! We love company. And company who cooks, well, that's a double bonus! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2014 Beebee2 said:
On 1/23/2014 RespectLife said:

Yes, I do. Come on out! We love company. And company who cooks, well, that's a double bonus! Smile

LOL Thanks! It is bitter today, with high winds wreeking havoc everywhere. Guys just came back to work and said cars in the ditches everywhere. Every highway has multiple accidents. Harumpf! This is Buffalo, you'd think we would all know how to drive in this by now! So ready for a warm climate!