TSV(R) Preview
52 Members and 10998 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Recipe for Chicken thighs.

Started 1370917498.347 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1371081632.523 by PinkyPetunia
replies

I defrosted a package of chicken thighs and need a recipe. I usually make chicken soup with them but need something different.

Page 1 of 1
LilBitMiss­ty1370919004.8876004 PostsRegistered 12/15/2009Washington State

Nicecupoftea...Hi and welcome to RS! It is nice to meet you. How bout honey mustard thighs?1/4 to 1/3 cup smooth Dijon mustard

Honey Mustard Thighs

1/4 to 1/3 cup dijon mustard

1/4 to 1/3 cup honey

1 Tbsp olive oil

2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs)

Salt

2 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)

Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350*. In a large bowl, mix mustard with the honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
Salt the chicken lightly and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish. Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the thighs read 175* on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Remove the casserole pan from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking.
Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the chicken before you serve.

Last edited on 6/12/2013

Last edited on 6/12/2013

Worrying is like rocking back and and forth in a rocking chair. It gives you something do to, but gets you nowhere!

DiAnne1370919525.985602 PostsRegistered 9/22/2010
<h1> GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS WITH LEMON, CAPERS AND FETA</h1>
Started 04/09/2013 at 10:36 AM in Recipe Swap | Last reply 04/14/2013 at 6:51 PM by DiAnne
replies

I love chicken thighs - here is yet another take on them.

5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Dried oregano, to taste
2 T flour
1 T and 1 t olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
3 T fresh lemon juice
Feta cheese
Chopped parsley

Remove excess fat from thighs. Season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to taste. Lightly dredge both sides in flour.

Heat 1 T olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.

Add 1 t oil to skillet then add the onion. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low - season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken thighs and their juices back to pan along with the capers. Cook for another 7-10 minutes (or until chicken is done). Serve with some sauce spooned over the chicken followed by a sprinkling of feta cheese and fresh parsley.

Serves 4

I like to serve this with a Greek salad with cucumber, tomatoes, feta, etc.

Gooday1370921073.2510212 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008

My mom made these and now I make them. My nephews eat them like candy. Here goes:

Boneless/skinless thighs (if you have them with the bone and skin in, trim the skin)

Dip them in egg

Cover them with Italian seasoned bread crumbs

lighthly sprinkle Paul Prudhomme's poultry seasoning or any other poultry seasoning.

put a pad of butter on each thigh.

Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes. They cook quickly. Just look at them and when they get a golden color, they're done.

Super easy and really tasty.

ceh1371006851.69344 PostsRegistered 8/8/2006

This recipe is from Daphne Oz and it is easy and delicious. (I found a similar jam at Trader Joe's.) I was afraid it would be too spicy--but it's not.

Chile Jam Chicken

Serves 2

This is not your average chicken dinner. Chile jam adds spice and sweetness. Let the chicken thighs continue to crisp in a cast-iron pan as the jam glaze reduces around them, and it will naturally create a crisp sticky-crunchy coating that is to die for!

4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs

Sea salt

Fresh-cracked black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 tablespoons chile jam (some of my favorites: Fire Pepper Jelly from Jenkins Jellies or INNA Jam’s Plenty Spicy Jalapeño for heat seekers)

Juice of 1/2 lemon

1. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and arrange the chicken thighs inside (cast iron works really well to get a nice crispy crust). Brown the chicken on one side, giving the chicken time to unstick itself from the pan surface and form a good, crispy coating, about 10 minutes (you can give it some help with your tongs or spatula if needed). Flip the chicken thighs and brown for 6 to 10 minutes, or until you can insert a knife to the bone and no red liquid emerges.

2. Lower heat to medium-low and spoon a quarter of the chile jam over each thigh. Melt the jam over the chicken and on all sides, using tongs to flip and swirl the thighs in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the jam to form a glaze. Remove the thighs to a serving plate and spoon the glaze on top. Scrape up any bits sticking to the bottom of the pan—these will be the crispiest and the first to go!

3. Just before serving, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken to brighten its flavors and heighten the sweetness and spice

- See more at: http://blog.sharecare.com/2013/04/19/daphne-ozs-favorite-chicken-recipe/#sthash.WLBKKOyc.dpuf

PinkyPetun­ia1371081632.5234534 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NJ

Breadcrumb Chicken as my son calls it-- oven fried chicken with breadcrumb coating.

Remove the skin, season the meat (salt, pepper, garlic powder, whatever you like) and soak in milk for up to 1 hour. Remove from milk and coat in seasoned breadcrumbs. I like the packaged brands like Progresso or 4C but use whatever you like. Place on a foil coated baking pan (easy cleanup) and drizzle with oil. You don't need a lot. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 or until it's browned to your liking. No need to turn the chicken over during cooking. Leftovers (if you have any) are good cold.

Page 1 of 1