Occasional Contributor

I'm making one of these for weekend...looks yummy!!

lilluna.com/recipe-tip-deal-video-of-the-week-cream-puff-cake/

Honored Contributor

This might be a silly question but the chocolate and carmel topping is that like Nestles or Hershey Syrup?

Respected Contributor

For some reason, that looks entirely delicious...

Now I'm hungry. I've been on a "sneaky" diet. Just changing up stuff slowly; no sandwiches at lunch, tomato soup and pears, and dinner was white meat turkey and salad. Snacks of raw veg and a bit of hummus. No cookies.

I think I'll go have a cup of skim milk cocoa....

Regular Contributor

Do you add the flour to the HOT margarine/water mixture? Would like this clarification before I try it . . . TIA!

Trusted Contributor
On 12/15/2014 CountryMusicGal said:

Do you add the flour to the HOT margarine/water mixture? Would like this clarification before I try it . . . TIA!

Good Morning CMG,

Yes, you put the four into the hot margarine/butter and water mixture and cook till it forms a ball, then take off the heat.

If you check out Post # 8 of this thread, click on the site that was shared. It was a thread from long ago (2011) that lavendersage posted. It had my recipe for cream puff dessert which is the same as the cake. I put in a few things about the crust coming out of the oven really puffy etc. Mine does not come out looking like the one in the cake recipe and the pudding mixture is never that perfect but sure tastes good.

Hope this helps

JPC

Super Contributor

Thanks for reminding me of this. Saved it but never made it. We are visiting friends this weekend and will bring this. yum.

Trusted Contributor
What a great idea and so much easier than making individual the puffs. I do think I would stick with a real custard instead of the pudding though.