Esteemed Contributor

My daughter and grandson recently moved in with us for awhile and I have been cooking more than usual. Tonight for dinner I adapted one of my Mother's recipes and I had to laugh as my 5 year old grandson announced he liked the "chicken" and wanted more! The chicken was center cut pork chops! At any rate, I was happy he liked it and wanted to share it with you all. It is an easy dinner, makes your house smell wonderful and if you have a 5 year old, they may decide they want another piece of "chicken" !

The recipe is really very simple. I used 6 center cut pork chops that I seasoned with fresh ground pepper and browned in a skillet. I transferred them into a baking dish and sliced sweet onions on top. I then covered with undiluted golden mushroom soup, covered with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about an hour. My Mother always sliced potatoes and onions, dotted with butter and laid the pork chops on top of the potatoes and then covered with the undiluted golden mushroom soup, and baked for an hour at 350.

DH and I have discovered, at our age, we feel better not eating potatoes, rice and pasta in the evening, so I left the potatoes out of the recipe. I did make a broccoli salad to go with this meal and we were all happy and I was pleased with the simplicity. If you try this, in either version, I hope you too, want another piece of "chicken!" {#emotions_dlg.w00t}