TSV(R) Preview
144 Members and 15691 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies

Started 1346747203.263 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1355711369.53 by golden mariposa

I found this recipe on the sixsistersstuff website, and it sounded fun and interesting, so I thought I'd share. I haven't made it yet, but I will! The comments included are from the recipe poster:

Do you have 10 minutes?

Then I HIGHLY recommend running into the kitchen and throwing this amazing little snack together!

It's is CRAZY addicting . . . so you might want to double the batch! My husband loves all things made with a Funfetti cake mix, so I made it for him but ended up eating most of it myself. Trust me . . . you are going to LOVE this! Our friend Nikki even posted the same recipe yesterday, so you know that it has to be good!! :)

Adapted from: So Very Blessed

Ingredients:

5 cups Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex, but Corn Chex would work great!)

10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark

1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (any kind of cake mix would work)

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp vegetable shortening

Directions:

1. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin (I heard that you can make it without the shortening, but it worked great for me to use it).

2. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and drizzle the melted Almond Bark over the cereal. Mix gently with a large spoon or spatula.

3. Dump the cake mix and powdered sugar onto the cereal and mix gently with large spoon until all the cereal is evenly coated.

4. Enjoy!! It's so good! :)

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/02/chex-funfetti-cake-batter-buddies.html

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!

Page 1 of 1
AuntG1346757230.126327 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

Would love to hear back from someone who tried this.

HoneyBit1346785563.143337 PostsRegistered 7/17/2011Atlanta, GA

This sounds good, must be a cousin to the "Muddy Buddy" recipe I love -- I had to go online to find out what "Funfetti" Cake Mix is, and I found this recipe. Hope you don't mind my adding it here:

From the "Eat Yourself Skinny" website --

This is actually really low in fat and calories and is the perfect go-to sweet treat when you're craving those chocolate chip cookies or that yummy slice of cake.

Funfetti Cake Dip

1 (18.9 oz) box Funfetti cake mix

2 cups fat-free plain yogurt

1 cup lite Cool Whip

Fat-free animal crackers

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, plain yogurt and Cool Whip until completely combined and you see no more lumps. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for about 4 hours. Garnish with additional sprinkles if desired and serve with animal crackers, enjoy!

Servings: 24 Serving Size: 1/4 cup Calories: 105

DiamondGir­ly1347178543.912463 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Honeybit - YES, you are probably right! The Muddy Buddies are similar, I bet!

And, I don't mind a bit that you, or anyone, ever add a recipe or ideas to what I post! I love all of the sharing here...and that's what the "swap" is all about!

Thank you for sharing...sounds great!

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali

birkin baby1354631036.3274885 PostsRegistered 1/20/2011

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

bigkat1354632093.913933 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010West Michigan

Hey Miss Glori, like I said before, you always have fun things to post! I will be trying a few for the Holiday's. Is this from the sixsister's bed and breakfast places(I know I should look at the site)? We stayed at one in Monterey and San Francisco many years ago...don't know if they are still there or not!

Thanks for posting, and HoneyBit too!

DiamondGir­ly1354633617.4072463 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Hi bigkat! Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm happy you find my posts fun! Ha! I enjoy all that you post, as well!! Nice seeing you!!

I'm not really sure about the bed/breakfast places! I need to check that out, though! I live about an hour from SF...and 2+ hrs from Monterey! Two of our fave places to go!

PS - I notice this thread still allows the links/pics...those were the days, huh!?

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali

bigkat1354634039.2173933 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010West Michigan
On 12/4/2012 DiamondGirly said:

Hi bigkat! Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm happy you find my posts fun! Ha! I enjoy all that you post, as well!! Nice seeing you!!

I'm not really sure about the bed/breakfast places! I need to check that out, though! I live about an hour from SF...and 2+ hrs from Monterey! Two of our fave places to go!

PS - I notice this thread still allows the links/pics...those were the days, huh!?

I forgot, I was going to say something about HoneyBit having the pic show up...is it working again??

We have not been out your way in awhile, but those are our favorite places to go, Carmel too...and drive along the coast, beautiful!

mikki_g1354634075.4531640 PostsRegistered 10/30/2012

<------- Will eat anything remotely related to cake batter!! Love!!!!

FunkyHulaG­irl1354649996.496864 PostsRegistered 6/25/2011Wherever I go, there I am!

If you have an Aldi's near you, they have the Funfetti cake mix with red & green for Christmas. AND....their cake mixes are all the 18.25 oz. size! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

DiamondGir­ly1354797382.842463 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California
On 12/4/2012 bigkat said:
On 12/4/2012 DiamondGirly said:

I forgot, I was going to say something about HoneyBit having the pic show up...is it working again??

We have not been out your way in awhile, but those are our favorite places to go, Carmel too...and drive along the coast, beautiful!

HoneyBit made this post in September when posting pics was still allowed. I didn't realize until I saw this post again that older posts with pics would still show up!

Oh, yes!! Carmel is the best....and Pacific Grove! There is something majestic about being on the coast...OR in the mountains. Our location in the central valley allows us to be an hour away from either! We've checked in to the idea of getting a place there to vacation to - our kids' families would have a more affordable vacation that way, also! So nice to not worry about staying in a hotel with little children, so we will see! Just have to find the right place/price! Maybe we are dreaming, too..ha!

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali

AuntG1355050479.3036327 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

Just wanted to get back and let you know I made this recipe with Christmas funfetti cake mix. It is very sweet, but that's what the kiddies like. The only addition I made was adding some red and green M&M's which makes it very pretty in the bowl.

gkelly57441355067180.8872655 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010

Just wanting to know...does this cake mix have something different/better than regular cake mixes other than the sprinkles? I know in another recipe I saw using "Funfetti" cake mix that it said "or any other cake mix". In Walmarts they had 2 different kinds of "Funfetti" cake mixes but they were $2.88 a box and regular cake mix on sale can be less than $1 and can add your own sprinkles,etc. Thanks

AuntG1355073731.3476327 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

My Funfetti cake mix was a brand name and only cost $1.28. Other than the colored sprinkles, it is the same as any other cake mix.

gkelly57441355074468.262655 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 12/9/2012 AuntG said:

My Funfetti cake mix was a brand name and only cost $1.28. Other than the colored sprinkles, it is the same as any other cake mix.

Thanks. Will look & double check the $$ again tomorrow. Saw only 1 name brand that was called "Funfetti" on the shelves at my store.

Baxjaxmom1355075749.232508 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Can I assume that the "any kind cake mix will work" would be confined to a white cake mix? I'm anxious to try this and in case I can't find the "Funfetti", want to know specifically what to pick upl Personally, I don't like "sprinkles" so would probably opt for the "other" kind of cake mix. Just want to clarify which kind. TIA.

FunkyHulaG­irl1355078846.9276864 PostsRegistered 6/25/2011Wherever I go, there I am!

Aldi's has their own brand of "Funfetti" cake mixes for 99 cents, and the colors vary with the season. For fall they had brown, orange, yellow & green sprinkles; for Christmas red & green; in the spring they're pink & yellow; then there's red, white & blue. Their cake mixes are also all the old size. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

DiamondGir­ly1355081414.22463 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California
On 12/9/2012 Baxjaxmom said:

Can I assume that the "any kind cake mix will work" would be confined to a white cake mix? I'm anxious to try this and in case I can't find the "Funfetti", want to know specifically what to pick upl Personally, I don't like "sprinkles" so would probably opt for the "other" kind of cake mix. Just want to clarify which kind. TIA.

Hi Baxjaxmom!

If you click on the link to the web page in my post above, it will take you to the web site where I got the recipe. It says ANY kind of cake mix (opposed to "any kind of white cake mix", so I am thinking it could be any flavor. I believe the Funfetti just makes it more colorful and different! :)

PS: The web site has pictures! :)

Last edited on 12/9/2012

Last edited on 12/9/2012

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali

AuntG1355082453.7236327 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

My DH loves chocolate and wondered if I could make it with Chocolate Chex. Although I had some in the pantry, I used Corn Chex when I made this recipe.

gkelly57441355584393.822655 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 12/9/2012 gkelly5744 said:
On 12/9/2012 AuntG said:

Thanks. Will look & double check the $$ again tomorrow. Saw only 1 name brand that was called "Funfetti" on the shelves at my store.

yep, the regular Funfetti cake mix was $1.18, christmas Funtetti(had christmas trees sprinkles) was $1.25 and the more expensive ones I first looked at were for cake pot kits and whoopie pie kits for $2.88. I got the regular & making this mix this weekend!

Last edited on 12/15/2012

Last edited on 12/15/2012

Baxjaxmom1355587749.7672508 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/9/2012 gkelly5744 said:

Just wanting to know...does this cake mix have something different/better than regular cake mixes other than the sprinkles? I know in another recipe I saw using "Funfetti" cake mix that it said "or any other cake mix". In Walmarts they had 2 different kinds of "Funfetti" cake mixes but they were $2.88 a box and regular cake mix on sale can be less than $1 and can add your own sprinkles,etc. Thanks

I noticed when I went shopping for the Funfetti Cake Mix, I almost picked up the wrong one because there are two different ones on the shelf. One of them is a "KIT" and has frosting and something else in it and specified it was for the "cake pops", etc. and was, I believe $2.88 a box. Before I noticed the word "kit", I thought it was quite expensive for a cake mix. Oddly enough, the regular Funfetti was placed further down on the shelf, several cakes mixes over (which almost caused me to over look it because wouldn't one think they would be there together?). I think I paid $1.25 for it. I guess having the extras in the kit accounts for the large difference in price. I haven't yet made the recipe but am looking forward to doing so.

golden mar­iposa1355711369.511413 PostsRegistered 11/10/2007

Funfetti is made by Pillsbury. $1.09 at WM. Christmas Funfetti is $1.25.

"In order to be irreplaceable; one must always be different. " Coco Chanel

Page 1 of 1