Regular Contributor

/><br/> <br/> <br/> <span style=I love Pinterest.......why? I find SO many recipes over there to try. I pin to my heart's content and save them on pinboards, then promptly forget I pinned them. Sheesh...

Robin had pinned this one too and made this a couple weeks ago when we were at her house. Bob and I took one taste and I KNEW I was going to be making it SOON.

This is SO easy to make...it uses ingredients you probably already have in the refrigerator and cupboard. It sounds like an odd combination for sure.......but I'll tell you what-it works like a charm.

I had 6 average size chicken breast halves thawed and this made plenty of coating for them. The original recipe calls for 4 chicken breast halves....you don't have to coat the pieces heavily so I'd suggest if you had 4 medium size chicken breasts to cut the mayonnaise mixture in half. It's easy enough to make more if needed.

This hits the oven in no time flat and in 45 minutes time? You will be eating the moistest, juiciest, FLAVORFUL chicken you've ever had. And it's SO tender, it melts in your mouth. I'm gonna borrow a phrase from one of my FAVORITE Food Network stars, Guy Fieri........get ready........you'll be on the fast track to Flavor-Town.

I can't say enough good things about this recipe. All I can say is TRY IT!

It might not be the prettiest chicken I've ever made-but it's one of the best tasting I've had in a long, long time.

Thank you for making this one, Robin-I would have forgotten all about it!

Carol

/><br/> <br/> MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN<br/> (Source: adapted from sensitive and centsible blog-recipe found <a href=HERE)

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. freshly shredded Parmesan OR Romano cheese
1/2-1 tsp. seasoned salt (I go lower on the salt because we don't use much salt but it definitely gives a nice flavor......for us, a slightly rounded 1/2 tsp, works well)
1 tsp, garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 3 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine mayonnaise, cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl; mix until well combined.

Spread both sides of each piece of chicken lightly with the mayonnaise mixture and place them in the prepared baking dish. If there's any of the mayonnaise mixture left over, add it to the tops of the chicken pieces.

Bake @ 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

/></span></div> <p> </p>
Valued Contributor

Re: Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

I made this, YET AGAIN, for dinner last night, so I wanted to share with anyone who missed this recipe in the past. It's definitely one of our very favorite chicken recipes. I miss Carol1229 - her presence here AND her recipes/advice... This is so easy, and I usually prepare it early in the day, so I just have to remove the pan from the fridge 30 mins ahead of popping it in the oven. Yummy!!
Respected Contributor

You know, I have read variations on this recipe for years- didn't there used to be a similar one on the back of the mayonnaise jar even? but seeing the picture REALLY makes me want to try it! Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

You lost me at a cup of mayonnaise.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 DiamondGirly said: I made this, YET AGAIN, for dinner last night, so I wanted to share with anyone who missed this recipe in the past. It's definitely one of our very favorite chicken recipes. I miss Carol1229 - her presence here AND her recipes/advice... This is so easy, and I usually prepare it early in the day, so I just have to remove the pan from the fridge 30 mins ahead of popping it in the oven. Yummy!!

i am amazed that this thread was able to be bumped up......especially since it was from 2012!!! most threads these days are closed after a couple of months of inactivity! thanks for moving it up though. it sounds good and i might try some variations.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I made this once and it was very good. Shared it on another site, and posters told me, "It's not safe to cook with mayo!!" So I never made it again.

I did a search about the safety of cooking with mayo, and it seems ok to do it. Also ran across this recipe on the Best Foods mayo site.

I wonder why it's so good and tender.

Respected Contributor

i cook with mayo all the time! I wonder what they meant by that? lots of casseroles and hot dips use mayo as an ingredient...

After all, it is just oil and eggs, ingredients we ALL cook with, it would seem...

Respected Contributor

I miss Carol1229 on the recipe board so much. She used to post the most delicious recipes and the pictures were excellent. The pics made me want to try the recipes even more. I wonder what happened to her, as I do Susie A and Ties That Bind. All of them posted the best recipes I've ever seen. I wish they would come back to the Recipe Swap board.

KatieB

Contributor

I already have light Hellmanns mayo. Should I pickup the regular type for this recipe. Fixing this tonight. Sounds so delicious!
Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 DiamondGirly said: I made this, YET AGAIN, for dinner last night, so I wanted to share with anyone who missed this recipe in the past. It's definitely one of our very favorite chicken recipes. I miss Carol1229 - her presence here AND her recipes/advice... This is so easy, and I usually prepare it early in the day, so I just have to remove the pan from the fridge 30 mins ahead of popping it in the oven. Yummy!!

Thanks for bringing this old post forward DiamondGirly. I did miss it when it was posted. I also miss Carol1229. She posted so many wonderful recipes. Hope she is doing well. We miss you Carol come back to the forums.

Smile