Respected Contributor

To RustyNail1 in response to your comment on Sunday Supper Soup thread

RustyNail, I came out of lurking so that I could respond to your comment in Britbrit's thread entitled Sunday Supper Soup. I'm starting a new thread because I believe what you wrote is worthy of a whole 'nother conversation about recipes and food, and do not want to highjack Brit's thread.

You related how difficult it is to cook for one, and that you made a batch of her soup to share with elderly neighbors. Then you went on to tell what a wonderful evening you had. Rusty, I feel safe in saying your neighbors enjoyed it every bit as much, if not more so.

Your post touched me, prompting this discussion, because it is exactly what I believe cooking should be about. Of course food is nourishment for our bodies; however, as you told so well, it can be so much more. Sharing of meals is communion that nourishes the soul.

We often hear about cooking with love, and what you did is a perfect example of it. I commend you both for sharing the meal with your neighbors and the story with us. I thoroughly enjoyed it. --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

Re: To RustyNail1 in response to your comment on Sunday Supper Soup thread

This is a wonderful thread and the participants remind me of all that's best about Recipe Swap. Mrs. G, thank you for starting the conversation. Rusty Nail, thank you for sharing such a special and relevant post about you and your friends and neighbors. And for all like-minded posters, thank you for chiming in. I wish the media covered 'all' the sweetheart news, and less of the repetition of what 'ain't so great'.

I'm reminded of a dear friend who reminds her friends to be a positive influence in their 'shere of influence', no matter what it is. It's good advice, and fun to be part of when people are so dear.