Regular Contributor

Cake Ball Pops Disaster - Help!

i bought all of the ingredients to make reindeer cake ball pops w/my children tonite (after watching about 10 YT vids on how to do it).

i made a white cake and added about 3/4 can cream cheese frosting. i then formed the balls using about 1 tblsp. of "dough" and put them on parchment lined cookie sheets and put them in the frige for about 2 hours; took them out and added the lollipop sticks dipped in melted milk chocolate; then i dipped each ball into the melted milk chocolate, added the red candy noses and the marshmallow eyeballs...but by the time i got to the pretzel antlers...the stick had already poked thru the top of the cake ball and the whole ball just slid down the stick.

it was such a disaster. i even tried to reform the balls to a smaller size thinking they were too heavy. that didn't help either. i got 5 reindeer pops and gave up. my 2 daughters salvaged them by just dipping them in chocolate w/2 spoons and putting them on parchment lined sheets and putting sprinkles on them.

it was such a disaster and so frustrating! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

does anyone have any tips or advice as to what may have gone wrong?