Contributor

When I tried this for the first time I couldn't believe how easy and how good it was. A crowd pleaser on Thanksgiving or when watching the "Big Game".

2lbs Beef smoked sausage or Keilbasa

1lb Brown Sugar

Slice sausage in 1/4 inch rounds and place into crock pot. Pour brown sugar over sausage. Cook on high got 3 hours or low for 6 hours. The sugar melts and glazes the sausage perfectly. I like to add a big pinch of chili flakes for a little heat, but that is optional.

I know, not healthy and not something to eat everyday but during the Holidays a nice treat.

lasvegasfoodie

Respected Contributor
I Was looking for something to take to a super bowl party.this will be a nice s change of pace... Most people will bring wings,dips,and chips. Thanks!!!!
Respected Contributor
On 11/21/2011 lasvegasfoodie said:

Hi JPC, think about you to my friend hope things are going well for you.

Chicagoan, my separated sister, wishing you the happiest of holidays.

To everyone Happy Thanksgiving!

My crock is an older one and it may be just me but I think that the newer models tend to get to a much hotter temperature even on the low setting. I have never had a problem with anything burning. I think it would be perfectly fine to add some water to the bottom of the crockpot. Just sitting here thinking about mixing a 1/2 cup water and a tablespoon of deli mustard to the mix and get that sweet mustardy flavor. Think I'm going to give that a try,

lasvegasfoodie

Sometimes if you spray the crock pot with non stick spray it will keep it from burning also.

Super Contributor

or just use those crock pot bags - no clean up whatsoever!

Honored Contributor

Oh No - I just took my crockpot to Goodwill because it just took up space!

Super Contributor

Sounds good. Ran into a sale on Turkey kielbasa last week. I wonder if it would work with this. Great to see "old" posters here. You were missed, even from my lurking days.

Super Contributor
Hmm interesting! I have the request for bacon wrapped mini dogs, which are then covered in brown sugar(but it's a pain getting it to stick) I wonder if I cook them pre wrapped and then popped them into a crockpot with brown sugar? Maybe low for 3 hours? What do you think?
Honored Contributor
On 1/31/2015 chips said:

Sounds good. Ran into a sale on Turkey kielbasa last week. I wonder if it would work with this. Great to see "old" posters here. You were missed, even from my lurking days.

Original post is from 2011. Sometimes I think QVC should clear out anything threads that were started over a year ago.

Respected Contributor
On 1/31/2015 AuntG said:
On 1/31/2015 chips said:

Original post is from 2011. Sometimes I think QVC should clear out anything threads that were started over a year ago.

well I'm glad I ran back into this post.I see I posted about it in 2011,made it back then and totally forgot how delish it was (I don't cook often). It was in my files but I forgot.So todAy I'm making the recipe and adding can of drained pineapple for super bowl party.
Regular Contributor
Missed this one too. Thanks for whomever brought it up again. Have watched since the Beginning of Recipe Swap many, many years ago......very early 1990s?. Stopped posting for some time during all the different versions of recipe sharing. However, Many newer posters since 2011, And bet they are glad to see this gem. Using it this next party. Thanks. Cece